Square Enix Announces New Game for iOS and Android

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Square Enix used a teaser site today to announce a new game for the iPhone and iPad, but like all videogame companies wanting to get people talking, they provide almost no details. We don't even know the game's title. All they've done is tweeted a link to the site.

In the tweet, Square Enix calls this a new project, so it's probably not an installment of any of their existing franchises. According to trusty ol' Google, the French phrase on the site translates to, "The world is illusion. The nocturnal dreams are truth." The people they credit for making the game have worked on previous Square Enix series, including Final Fantasy.

As with all interesting teaser announcements, we'll keep you informed as we hear more about this project. To us, the most exciting takeaway from this is that Square Enix is continuing to focus resources on iOS. Now if only they'd release Final Fantasy Tactics already...

square-title-1a.jpg

Sounds good to me
biggrin.gif

Source

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its not gonna be a simple game considering the artwork above. I hope its more exciting than chaos rings and that they should focus on storyline, environment and gameplay over graphics which would just increase price and decrease instant excitement

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like that Atlus game, Catherine, somewhat.

Either way, I'll probably pick it up on my Dad's phone if I don't have an Android of my own by the time it releases.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't a big fan of Chaos Rings (which I believe was Square's last original iOS outing) so I'm not really hopeful for whatever this may be. Plus just from what I see so far the art style looks very "been there, done that".

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Plus just from what I see so far the art style looks very "been there, done that".
How so?

It just looks like The World Ends With You with a lot more emo douche. Snore.
I'm not gonna lie, despite it being an SE game, this game seems as if it will rely on fan service. If you remove the creature the female is holding, she's wearing very little, and the man seems like someone straight out of an Ecchi Shoujo manga. I wouldn't say the art style reminds me of TWEWY where the art style relied more on colors and the details of the characters rather than the detail of the artwork, while this reminds me more of something that indulges in the artwork to evoke a sense of attractiveness in the players toward the characters in the game based on the art being completely self-inspired and on-the-surface rather than being inspired by the characters' persona. Though the concepts do seem similar and honestly that's just what I get from that one picture.

D

Deleted_171835

I don't own any of the devices the game is being released for.

It doesn't seem like I'll be missing much, anyways.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have played so many games on my iPod touch and people trying to make real games for these devices always turn out to be meh..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!