Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Show me where it is pre-bought. You're going back to your original argument. They showed them not owning it in the store. No disc in the drive. And that is VERY loose for a definition of DRM, since it is bound to an account. I can move a game from my wii u to my other wii u if I own it. I know, one nnid per wii u. Point is, your points make no sense. I am done with this. The backpedaling and rewording is ridiculous.
Yeah I agree I give up, if its true, its true then all good! if not we can save our energy :)

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think this theory would work... Even if you managed to access the drive and somehow install the game on it, it wouldn't pass the signature checks. You need more than just a ticket and some console specific encryption keys to install a game to your HDD from an external source.
Either these Brazilians found a really hacky way to get past the signature checks, or it's either fake or something else they did.

Reactions: DrkBeam and Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys either way I respect the guy who started this. If he releases it and its legit I will respect him a dev, but if it isn't I will respect him as the (almost) greatest troll ever. Making an entire forum community backlash on each other. :rofl2:
Yeah if its not, we can all blame @AboodXD, man in the fault for starting the thread, where ever he is, while the actual guys behind the hoax keep quite and blame him. You cant beat having a god rant on GBATemp, it kills a lot of time!

Reactions: Zero72463

Plaguereign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I agree I give up, if its true, its true then all good! if not we can save our energy :)
exactly. We are either getting iosu or the brazilian method, or both eventually. we've waited this long. Whats a few more days, weeks or months. Devs need time to complete their stuff so we don't brick.

Reactions: Deleted User

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's another video they posted. """""""Shows"""""" them using WUP Installer.

I've just noticed in this video they have an sd card in the sd slot, OMG
sm7_facepalm.gif

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just noticed in this video they have an sd card in the sd slot, OMG
sm7_facepalm.gif

Thats not really a problem. You can use extra USB storage on your Wii U. Thats why i think they faked it because anyone can do this without hacks. You won't be able to pirate games, but it is still possible to use extra USB storage.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats not really a problem. You can use extra USB storage on your Wii U. Thats why i think they faked it because anyone can do this without hacks. You won't be able to pirate games, but it is still possible to use extra USB storage.
It really is fake, for a start there just using Nexocubes Wupinstaller to install the title and that's a big if, if they are even installing a title to start with, its not shown on the video, then all of a sudden it appears on the main menu like magic, no install notice, nothing, it just appears! Really anyone thinking this is real needs checking up and you do know the Brazil guys have a history of fake hacks like ie PS4 dongles etc.. back way day!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: DrkBeam

Gpaludeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm talking about the other guy, @Reecey, yet he is still posting and complaining. No one is saying he can't complain, but oh god, there have been enough posts of him about the same stuff, please stop, we heard you the first time.

Let's just hope this ends being true, if not, gg.

I guess you were trying to mean source*, font is used for words or letters.
Thanks for correcting me,
Then awnser some question about what kind of method are we speaking? something Kexploit related? is it Emunand? Wup Installer?
I'm terribly sorry, but I can't speak more about it. I can ensure you it is not emuNAND.

D

Deleted User

Then awnser some question about what kind of method are we speaking? something Kexploit related? is it Emunand? Wup Installer?
um did you even read the above posts

Sent from my Wii U using Tapatalk

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for correcting me,

I'm terribly sorry, but I can't speak more about it. I can ensure you it is not emuNAND.
Has there been any word about how does the HDD store the games?
I mean, if the HDD needs to be in the Wii U format or if we can use a non-formatted HDD to use for the games?

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any word about how does the HDD store the games?
I mean, if the HDD needs to be in the Wii U format or if we can use a non-formatted HDD to use for the games?
Clearly the games are being injected there, with hdd staying on its encrypted form. I think op is on the right track since there is a way to get the keys now, so they must have developed a tool to add the games using the ticket found on the disc or maybe using a edited ticket.

I think they are using some design flaw of the ownership system since games now are locked to accounts (not consoles), but other accounts are also forced to recognize games installed on a console even if they don't belong to them.

Last edited by Pachee,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Clearly the games are being injected there, with hdd staying on its encrypted form. I think op is on the right track since there is a way to get the keys now, so they must have developed a tool to add the games using the ticket found on the disc or maybe using a edited ticket.

I think they are using some design flaw of the ownership system since games now are locked to accounts (not consoles), but other accounts are also forced to recognize games installed on a console even if they don't belong to them.
I was just thinking about the posibility of using edited tickets files and a whitelist removed Wup Installer, that way you don't really need IOSU access but the risk of bricking your console would be high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol