Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking about the posibility of using edited tickets files and a whitelist removed Wup Installer, that way you don't really need IOSU access but the risk of bricking your console would be high.
If you always install to USB and not NAND, and you're sure you're not installing a system title, then the risk of bricking should not be very high at all. At worst Wii U fails to boot with HDD attached, just unplug it..

Of course this depends on the nature of the exploit which we have yet to see

Reactions: Deleted User

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you always install to USB and not NAND, and you're sure you're not installing a system title, then the risk of bricking should not be very high at all. At worst Wii U fails to boot with HDD attached, just unplug it..

Of course this depends on the nature of the exploit which we have yet to see
Yeah but i remember one of them saying something about bricking a couple of Wii Us before and how the first video we saw was the first successful test. Maybe installing directly into the HDD was a workaround to lower the brick risk.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
If it's legit it'll be released tommorow, have a great day noobs.
cdafa7bdf3af8d1d0a5855604e4bbe20.png

D

Deleted User

If it's legit it'll be released tommorow, have a great day noobs.
Oh boy, can't wait. Even know nobody knows where it's going to be released or if it's going to brick our Wii Us.

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hope this is real but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm from Brazil and none of the forums about this kind of subject had anything on this.
So this would be a really small group work or a solo work.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't want it leaked yet. Stil working on touching it up

I can only hope there's no heightened risks of, well, potential firmware bricking; i.e. that this is stable. I wish people focused more on porting better emulators (VC emulation is garbage, more on that later) than backup loaders.

Reactions: Pachee

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only hope there's no heightened risks of, well, potential firmware bricking; i.e. that this is stable. I wish people focused more on porting better emulators (VC emulation is garbage, more on that later) than backup loaders.

I want EmuNAND first so the risk of brick is low.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Duh. Even if these people claim its a way to get games its still unreliable. Also as long as its not my console being bricked I don't give a fuck. Are you gonna test it first?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every emulator is garbage in some way or another.

VC emulators take the cake, they don't even run Star Fox lol. N64 emulation on the VC can't even run Conker's Bad Fur Day or Banjo Tooie, unofficial emulators are much more reliable; these should be ported over IMO; Snes9x just achieved even higher accuracy as of 1.54.1, porting that to the Wii U would be a boon.

You better be sure when this gets released i'm going to try it out as soon as I download it

Your console, I think it's still a bit too risky, I'll wait and see how others fare.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

King Cerelepe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey all, I'm a long time friend of @mvmiranda (a guy that's very active in the 3DS scene and is here for quite some time already).

If there are still doubts that this isn't real, please, ask him.

I'm not trying to sound rude or cocky, just giving you guys one more proof that this is true!

Thanks!

Enviado de meu C6503 usando Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

Hey all, I'm a long time friend of @mvmiranda (a guy that's very active in the 3DS scene and is here for quite some time already).

I'm not trying to sound rude or cocky, just giving you guys one more proof that this is true!

Thanks!

Thanks! But I think most of us here will wait until it releases and we can test it out. But thanks for keeping up to date

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!

Thanks, but I do not need to ask anyone, i'm really positive about this :)

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
guys , you're really over the top ! xD
spamming the thread won't make it release any faster , its only gonna motivate the mods to lock it.
Just make yourselves some some hot milk , put yourselves in bed and let's check tomorrow !

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks!

Hey peeps!
I know some of you already gave your 50 cents about this, so I'm not here trying to shove this through you throat or anything :)

All I'm gonna say is this is for real!
Though I din't "work on this" I know @King Cerelepe and I can vouch for him! :)
Actually it was him and another common friend who "broke havoc" into the world this day.

Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.