Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd rather not leak keys and so ive been working to generate most of them.. but it comes down to the fact that you'll need nand key2. So I have yet to figure out what im doing about that lol. Also instead of rushing a release ill work on doing that tomorrow since i have to get up for work in 4 hrs. :x
I lost track of time.
Ok, this may sound naïve as hell, but isn't it true that you can't copyright a calculation? Aren't the posted things in fact, calculated hashes, and not the actual keys?

If they are actually keys, and not hashes, couldn't you apply your own simple algorithm to them, include the result in your code (instead of the keys), and reverse the algorithm within your code to produce the required key on the fly?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try taking the entire key, pasting it into a hex editor, then checking the SHA-256 of the file itself. If you're pasting the ascii values of the key through SHA-256 it won't come up correctly. I was having the same issue.

That is how you hash it correctly, yeah.

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try taking the entire key, pasting it into a hex editor, then checking the SHA-256 of the file itself. If you're pasting the ascii values of the key through SHA-256 it won't come up correctly. I was having the same issue.

Oooh, so that's it. Yeah, same hash as the first one on salthax.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just know that we are in a good way right now.

From what I am seeing, to make use of the 9.6+ emunand users will likely be required to find their own key? Sounds like Reisyukaku intends to try and make this painless as possible?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if this key or group of keys that was leaked is related to this:

"I dumped OTP registers on N3DS, which gave me access to 0x200 bytes of NAND keys " <- 0x200 == 512 bytes, so is this pastebin containing the NAND key(s)? Or is that console unique, and the pastebin is something else that we still needed?

Reactions: peteruk

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this key or group of keys that was leaked is related to this:

"I dumped OTP registers on N3DS, which gave me access to 0x200 bytes of NAND keys " <- 0x200 == 512 bytes, so is this pastebin containing the NAND key(s)? Or is that console unique, and the pastebin is something else that we still needed?

Possible? Though I am wondering how he dumped something that is supposed to be write only and cleared after use.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
From what I am seeing, to make use of the 9.6+ emunand users will likely be required to find their own key? Sounds like Reisyukaku intends to try and make this painless as possible?
Sounds like it.. I'm just over the walls with the progress being made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work