Sony now claim they legitimised gaming!!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sauce:
laugh.gif
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/06/30/sony...-entertainment/
apparently they didn't know atari, nintendo, sega and even arcades were around Looooong b4 them! Seriously sony just fuck off already
rolleyes.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
lol really? i guess i wasn't really playing games all those years before Playstation came out
I didn't even know the Playstation existed until after the Playstation 2 came out. LOL
But that's probably because I didn't know game info could be found on the internet, didn't have any gaming magazines, and my TV didn't show me shit. Plus I was a Nintendo kid.

LOL How did Sony invent gaming if some kids thought Sony only made TVs? I mean, before all the cool gaming sites came around.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think we can say that PS1 was the first accessible console (I'm too young to have known Atari and other Commodore 64, but my brother told me that games and consoles were really expensive at these times)

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you actually read the article, what you'll find is that Sony didn't claim they invented gaming at all, only "legitimized" it. I think this is true, before the PS1, the majority of people who played video games were "nerds". The PS1 made gaming appealing to more "normal" people, made it mainstream, and any of your fanboy-based claims to the contrary are exactly that. Fanboy talk. You only want another reason to hate on Sony.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They don't really claim they invented gaming, they say they legitimized gaming.

It's still a big fat lie though. As I said in the other topic, Sony's gaming department won't last much longer if they keep going by 'offence is the best defence'. Tsk tsk.

EDIT: Damn you, Thoob!
mad.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thoob said:
If you actually read the article, what you'll find is that Sony didn't claim they invented gaming at all, only "legitimized" it. I think this is true, before the PS1, the majority of people who played video games were "nerds". The PS1 made gaming appealing to more "normal" people, made it mainstream, and any of your fanboy-based claims to the contrary are exactly that. Fanboy talk. You only want another reason to hate on Sony.

I don't think SNES and NES were nerdy consoles :/

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Thoob said:
I think this is true, before the PS1, the majority of people who played video games were "nerds".
no they real REAL gamers not the gfx loving whores of this GEN. gaming was legitimized with the nes.

QUOTE(Thoob @ Jul 2 2010, 06:11 PM)
...any of your fanboy-based claims to the contrary are exactly that. Fanboy talk. You only want another reason to hate on Sony.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so glad Sony had their Playstation there when they helped bring the market out of the great video game crash back in the 80s.....oh wait, that was Nintendo! In fact, it was Nintendo that got them on their first feet in the first place with the SNES CD addon, which turned sour when Nintendo cancelled the contract on account of Sony trying to take advantage of all profits related to that addon.

EDIT:

But let's go back onto the subject. If Sony believes that the PSOne was what made video games legitimate, then they must have ignored even the fact that the name "mario" in the gaming world had grown more fame than even "mickey mouse" in cartoons before the PSOne was ever conceived.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, the title is bullshit. It doesn't say they invented gaming, it says they legitimized it. There's a big difference there. Not even Nintendo invented gaming.

Second, Sony makes a lot of stupid statements. From calling the Move "Wii HD" to a lot of other stupid things, it's something you get used to.

I wouldn't say they legitimized gaming, but they did a lot for it.

It seems like people here just love to jump on the hatetrain for Sony whenever they goddamn can despite not recognizing what they've done for the industry.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
...any of your fanboy-based claims to the contrary are exactly that. Fanboy talk. You only want another reason to hate on Sony.

Sony fanboy. lol.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thoob said:
Bladexdsl said:
Thoob said:
I think this is true, before the PS1, the majority of people who played video games were "nerds".
no they real REAL gamers not the gfx loving whores of this GEN. gaming was legitimized with the nes.

QUOTE(Thoob @ Jul 2 2010, 06:11 PM)

with all this crap that Sony actually is talking they give enough reasons but i admit i hate Sony as company thought i still like some of the games that came on PSX, PS2 or PS3

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I like both Sony's and Nintendo's consoles and games.
smileipb2.png

They both contributed a lot to gaming, unlike a certain ***soft that keeps producing shovelware.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The thing is that Sony has been present in a lot of important moment of gaming and technology. Just look at the Blu-Ray technology. With that they improved entertainment world, not only gaming. People should not forget that Sony in not only a gaming enterprise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...