Sony now claim they legitimised gaming!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Bladexdsl, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Bladexdsl
    OP

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland

2. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

Mar 18, 2010
    Scotland
    What a load of crap.

3. Mikehoncho16

Mikehoncho16 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    This is complete crap.

4. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    lol really? i guess i wasn't really playing games all those years before Playstation came out

5. Bladexdsl
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i didn't think this was possible but sony are NOW worse than m$ i wouldn't have believed it was possible but it's fucking true!!

6. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I didn't even know the Playstation existed until after the Playstation 2 came out. LOL
    But that's probably because I didn't know game info could be found on the internet, didn't have any gaming magazines, and my TV didn't show me shit. Plus I was a Nintendo kid.

LOL How did Sony invent gaming if some kids thought Sony only made TVs? I mean, before all the cool gaming sites came around.

7. relski

relski Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2010
    i'm percepting a war [​IMG]
    a lot of posts recently talks about sony and nintendo.

8. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I think we can say that PS1 was the first accessible console (I'm too young to have known Atari and other Commodore 64, but my brother told me that games and consoles were really expensive at these times)

9. Thoob

Thoob LOLmonade.

May 28, 2009
    Scotland
    If you actually read the article, what you'll find is that Sony didn't claim they invented gaming at all, only "legitimized" it. I think this is true, before the PS1, the majority of people who played video games were "nerds". The PS1 made gaming appealing to more "normal" people, made it mainstream, and any of your fanboy-based claims to the contrary are exactly that. Fanboy talk. You only want another reason to hate on Sony.

10. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    They don't really claim they invented gaming, they say they legitimized gaming.

It's still a big fat lie though. As I said in the other topic, Sony's gaming department won't last much longer if they keep going by 'offence is the best defence'. Tsk tsk.

EDIT: Damn you, Thoob! [​IMG]

11. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I don't think SNES and NES were nerdy consoles :/

12. Bladexdsl
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    no they real REAL gamers not the gfx loving whores of this GEN. gaming was legitimized with the nes.

13. Thoob

Thoob LOLmonade.

May 28, 2009
    Scotland

14. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Yeah, so glad Sony had their Playstation there when they helped bring the market out of the great video game crash back in the 80s.....oh wait, that was Nintendo! In fact, it was Nintendo that got them on their first feet in the first place with the SNES CD addon, which turned sour when Nintendo cancelled the contract on account of Sony trying to take advantage of all profits related to that addon.

EDIT:

But let's go back onto the subject. If Sony believes that the PSOne was what made video games legitimate, then they must have ignored even the fact that the name "mario" in the gaming world had grown more fame than even "mickey mouse" in cartoons before the PSOne was ever conceived.

15. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    First off, the title is bullshit. It doesn't say they invented gaming, it says they legitimized it. There's a big difference there. Not even Nintendo invented gaming.

Second, Sony makes a lot of stupid statements. From calling the Move "Wii HD" to a lot of other stupid things, it's something you get used to.

I wouldn't say they legitimized gaming, but they did a lot for it.

It seems like people here just love to jump on the hatetrain for Sony whenever they goddamn can despite not recognizing what they've done for the industry.

16. Ssx9

Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2009
    Brazil
    Sony fanboy. lol.

17. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    with all this crap that Sony actually is talking they give enough reasons but i admit i hate Sony as company thought i still like some of the games that came on PSX, PS2 or PS3

18. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    I like both Sony's and Nintendo's consoles and games. [​IMG]
    They both contributed a lot to gaming, unlike a certain ***soft that keeps producing shovelware.

19. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    The thing is that Sony has been present in a lot of important moment of gaming and technology. Just look at the Blu-Ray technology. With that they improved entertainment world, not only gaming. People should not forget that Sony in not only a gaming enterprise.

20. corr0126

corr0126 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 11, 2009
    United States
    Ralph Baer invented video games wtf is sony thinking disrespecting the man like that.