Sonic Superstars was originally set to be developed by the Mania team, Naoto Oshima now in charge of project

sdashudashuidhasuidias.png

Sonic Superstars was originally going to be yet another collaboration with the beloved team behind Sonic Mania. According to media outlet Video Games Chronicle, SEGA approached Christian Whitehead and developer Headcannon with the project, but "plans fell through". Following this, it was decided that the original creator of Sonic the Hedgehog would be in charge of the development of Sonic Superstars. Naoto Oshima showed interest in making a new Sonic game with his studio, Arzest, with the director having worked on the first Sonic game and Sonic CD doing level design, and his studio having experience with games like Yoshi's New Island and Hey! Pikmin. Longtime Sonic Team leader Takashi Iizuka said that Jun Senoue will be creating the soundtrack, with outside help from Sonic Mania composer Tee Lopes.

:arrow: Source

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone is jumping to conclusions about the partnership with Taxman and co. Did it cross anyone's minds that Evening Star are busy with their own first major game and possibly just didn't have the manpower or time to stretch to two individual projects? Everyone is so eager to jump the doomsday scenarios and it's hilarious.

I'm a massive sceptic when it comes to SEGA and their practices especially when it involves Sonic but I've seen and heard nothing but great things about Superstars so far, except maybe the music; but then when has a Sonic game ever had disappointing music*?
Sonic Chronicles...

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, God, not that music.

I know it's probably just temporary, but damn, they have way better.
Post automatically merged:

Watch this video 😆

Of all the Sonic music they could have used for placeholder music, they HAD to choose music from one of the worst Sonic games in existence. It really rubs me the wrong way, like they couldn't have chosen something from Mania or something actually good.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of all the Sonic music they could have used for placeholder music, they HAD to choose music from one of the worst Sonic games in existence. It really rubs me the wrong way, like they couldn't have chosen something from Mania or something actually good.
Sonic 4 has good music, get over yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How about adding Modern Sonic instead of Classic Sonic,but with such locations as Mobius and even Micromobius you know because of Sally Acorn & Tiara Boobowski? But probably it should be done in the first place for Sega Genesis/Megadrive same goes with Madonna Garnett officially. Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel should be as playable characters maybe perhaps for instance as an example even these days nowadays in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 in the first place in local multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto