Sonic Team reveals new animated logo, teases more projects to come after Sonic Frontiers

With the upcoming release of Sonic Frontiers, and the Netflix series Sonic Prime on the horizon, Sonic Team seems to be speeding into new territories in the entertainment industry, expanding and bringing the Sonic brand to new landscapes and audiences.

With these new announcements, Sonic Team's creative director, Kazuyuki Hoshino, has posted a video of the new animated logo for Sonic Team, alongside some words from him through the official Sonic Channel website, regarding the future of the series:

Kazuyuki Hoshino said:
Hey Sonic Fans! The Sonic IP is working on becoming bigger than ever. This year with "PROJECT SONIC '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more! We hope that our fans enjoy these activities as much as we do.

As part of this effort, we are pleased to bring you a brand new, " Sonic Team Animated Logo! "

The Sonic Team is full of energy and motivation, consisting of veteran team members, who have been here for a long, long time, and newcomers bringing in their own fresh take on things. These talented groups of people are able to come together to make this team even stronger. We want our fans to know that when they see this logo, they are guaranteed to get a good game from Sonic Team.

My team and I look forward to showing off this new logo movie to our fans on multiple occasions in the future.

Producer
Sonic Creative Director
Kazuyuki Hoshino​

His words hint at a possible new project besides both Frontiers and Origins for Sonic this year, but we'll have to wait and see what they have in store for Sonic fans in 2022.

:arrow: Source

Attachments

• 1663794733972.png
    1663794733972.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 145
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's no secret that Japanese business culture absolutely hates it when an outsider (especially a foreigner)'s work is seen as superior to their own. Sega hiring Taxman and stealth was a wise move; Sonic Mania is a testament to that. But Sonic Team for sure took offense to that.
Don't forget how Sega was basically at war with itself during the Sega Saturn/Dreamcast era, like
Japanese and American division basically having at each other and resulting in lots of mis-communication and other bs

Reactions: Xzi

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget how Sega was basically at war with itself during the Sega Saturn/Dreamcast era, like
Japanese and American division basically having at each other and resulting in lots of mis-communication and other bs
Yeah, especially that. Sega of Japan just really really wanted to be successful in their home market. And it cost them damned near everything.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64 and Xzi

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Sonic is a weird one these days, I absolutely loved all things Sonic as a kid. These days you can pretty much guarantee a new Sonic game will be "meh" at best.

In the last decade I think the only new game I've enjoyed is Sonic Mania. If we say the last 11 years at least I can include Sonic Generations in that also! has it been so long since Generations already...

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
He's not hinting at anything, really. The answer is straight afterwards.

"This year with "PROJECT SONIC '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more!"

Sorry for being a party pooper, but projects can mean other things and not just games, especially in Japan.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I want a PC port of Sonic Unleashed.
Just play the Unleashed mod via Sonic Generations.
Now with even more misleading terrible side quests!
Sonic 06 could have been amazing if Sega hadn't rushed the team. Sonic Team fucks up a lot, but Sega makes it even worse.

I've played the 360 demo and that feels a lot more polished than the retail game, and there's also an E3 demo which I'd be interested in playing.

Everyone begging for adventure 3 while you guys already have 06 being adventure 3.
SA1 and SA2 were fun for the Sonic and Shadow stages, and that's about it, honestly. I never understood the hardcore obsession there is for the Adventure games.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Even though the "new" animated logo looks nice, I don't see its relevante with the "Team" factor of it.

I'm assuming it's more related to some game getting a second part.

Never played any Sonic game before, but Sonic Frontiers looks really interesting.
its probably meant for people who never played it before and who know nothing of it.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sonic froniters looks like it might be a "good 3D" sonic game this time?
i hope so, cause from hat im reading ATM about it on nintendolife, gamefaqs etc news on it
it seems like it'll be a good game (let's hope).

cause sonic mania/forces on switch wasn't that great IMO,
well forces 100%, manina depends (i didn't like mania).
someone else tho might have loved maina.

oh and sonic colours switch also sucks.

hope froniters doesn't suck like these sonic games did on switch.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He's not hinting at anything, really. The answer is straight afterwards.

"This year with "PROJECT SONIC '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more!"

Sorry for being a party pooper, but projects can mean other things and not just games, especially in Japan.

Give it a proper read again making emphasis on this:
This year with "PROJECT SONIC '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more!

The "also working" is a clear indication that it's separate from the previous statement.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now with even more misleading terrible side quests!
And even more loading!
sonic06-loading.gif

So exciting!

Sonic 06 could have been amazing if Sega hadn't rushed the team. Sonic Team fucks up a lot, but Sega makes it even worse.
I agree, the game itself could've been much, much better... but think nothing can really fix the fucked up story or what, ugh.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and WG481

Ashramkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am not saying that frontier will be bad, once I am not the target public. But as a Sonic fan, all I want is something like Sonic Mania 2 and more Sonic Mania Adventure animation.

I realy don´t like this "modern" Sonic with "attitude". I prefer the silent one.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no secret that Japanese business culture absolutely hates it when an outsider (especially a foreigner)'s work is seen as superior to their own. Sega hiring Taxman and stealth was a wise move; Sonic Mania is a testament to that. But Sonic Team for sure took offense to that.
I think Sonic Team (now) isn't like this. They've embraced a lot of Mania with Classic's (very forced) inclusion in Forces, working with them for Origins (the most basic of rereleases notwithstanding) and Frontiers also having the Drop Dash and having Ian Flynn around as writer. I could however be extremely wrong, I don't know these companies or who makes these decisions after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass