Sonic Superstars was originally set to be developed by the Mania team, Naoto Oshima now in charge of project

sdashudashuidhasuidias.png

Sonic Superstars was originally going to be yet another collaboration with the beloved team behind Sonic Mania. According to media outlet Video Games Chronicle, SEGA approached Christian Whitehead and developer Headcannon with the project, but "plans fell through". Following this, it was decided that the original creator of Sonic the Hedgehog would be in charge of the development of Sonic Superstars. Naoto Oshima showed interest in making a new Sonic game with his studio, Arzest, with the director having worked on the first Sonic game and Sonic CD doing level design, and his studio having experience with games like Yoshi's New Island and Hey! Pikmin. Longtime Sonic Team leader Takashi Iizuka said that Jun Senoue will be creating the soundtrack, with outside help from Sonic Mania composer Tee Lopes.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, God, not that music.

I know it's probably just temporary, but damn, they have way better.
Post automatically merged:

Watch this video 😆

Had to turn it off after about 45 seconds, it's making me physically ill. That's not music, that's the sound of a synthesizer being molested.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aaaaand you already cocked it up, Sega, bravo. My expectations went from "looks promising" to "you goddamn idiots".
Still, there could be the slim chance that it could be at least decent. Guess we'll see once this game comes out.
Oh well.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, God, not that music.

I know it's probably just temporary, but damn, they have way better.
Post automatically merged:

Watch this video 😆

Oh wow that level design really does look like something right out of CD. How has this guy improved so little in the 30 years since then? And that music is awful. My hopes here are quickly going down the drain.

Also, how will this reasonably work for local multiplayer? Is one thing when you have players that move at the speed of the Mario characters, that can work quite well with up to 4 people with people only occasionally falling off screen and needing to 'bubble' back into the action. But look how fast Sonic is often moving here, even if the screen can expand quite large for 4 players before this game's version of 'bubbling' takes effect, I still have to imagine that this experience will result with players falling off screen often and having to quickly warp to the action. Now if the multiplayer is online, then this doesn't have to be an issue at all when each player gets a screen that can just focus on them, but this does seem concerning for local multiplayer.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would of been hype if you said "from the creators of Yoshi Wolly World"...not the you know...that Yoshi game. Also when did Sonic CD became better than Sonic 4? Oh right cus Sonic CD "plays like the classic games"...typical Sonic Fans. You know what hope this turns out good so Sonic Fans can be proven wrong.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i don't know what you guys are complaining about so far it's right on the money what a classic sonic game needs to be. it's fast, has fun elements, the jump physics are not like sonic 4, you don't have to stop and swap characters to get past elements and it's nothing like frontiers. yeah the music can do with a tweak but what else is wrong with it?

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: shaunj66

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know what you guys are complaining about so far it's right on the money what a classic sonic game needs to be. it's fast, has fun elements, the jump physics are not like sonic 4 it's nothing like frontiers. yeah the music can do with a tweak but what else is wrong with it?
Classic Sonic in past games felt heavy and unbalanced so it just makes it a bit annoying to play it.

Sega better not screw this up.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
..a real shame Christian Whitehead & Headcannon didn't head up the game... maybe they are working on another sonic title, or not enough silver crossed their palms

Either way i hope this game is good and sonic mania 2 in production...?!?!?!?!?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why everyone is jumping to conclusions about the partnership with Taxman and co. Did it cross anyone's minds that Evening Star are busy with their own first major game and possibly just didn't have the manpower or time to stretch to two individual projects? Everyone is so eager to jump the doomsday scenarios and it's hilarious.

I'm a massive sceptic when it comes to SEGA and their practices especially when it involves Sonic but I've seen and heard nothing but great things about Superstars so far, except maybe the music; but then when has a Sonic game ever had disappointing music*?

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Personal issues aside, I like that this sonic game is slower than the previous releases. I hate those 'gotta goes fast' then gets pulled by some random mob that you have no way of reacting due to how fast the game goes.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic really has been put through the wringer with Sega's overall treatment of the franchise. I won't be outright pessimistic about this decision, but the devs gods have definitely thrown a D20 on this one.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a massive sceptic when it comes to SEGA and their practices especially when it involves Sonic but I've seen and heard nothing but great things about Superstars so far
Ah, that reminds me of Sonic Origins. It looked great and I was excited for it, then Sega fucked up its launch.

Sonic Origins is probably fine and polished now although it's too little too late to care about it anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto