odasama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[i use a 2DS 9.20EU]

Hi,

I write mainly to ask for some directions.
I read your FAQ, and this tuto
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

but, as it is my first time using this, i'm lost.

the only two things i understand are:
-i don't need the blue card at all, which means i don't need to copy the "Blue Card (R4i)" files from the downloaded archive.
-i need to put the launcher.dat from the archive to a fat32 SD card, and the roms go to an exfat microsd in the red card.

otherwise, the tutorial has me lost.

that emunand and CIA thing, and "nand dumping" it's for people who want to play online right?
because it looks very complicated for a newcomer.

as far as i have read, this is what i understood:
-i set up my wifi details, but turn it off.
-SD card with launcher.dat in the 3ds
-something with the red card. (do i put it in with the sd card empty or with the games already on it?)
-go to web, bookmark adress, turn wifi on, refresh page to connect and choose bootgateway mode.
-follow on-screen instructions to "update the gateway 3ds"

then everything gets complicated, i don't know what to do past that point.

could somebody give me some pointers? or a link to a more user-friendly guide?

i don't want to play online of fiddle with whatever nand, sysnand emunand and stuff (mainly because i don't even know what those words mean)

so yeah, i have my console, my cards, and my roms.
how do i launch a game now?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
[i use a 2DS 9.20EU]

Hi,

I write mainly to ask for some directions.
I read your FAQ, and this tuto
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

but, as it is my first time using this, i'm lost.

the only two things i understand are:
-i don't need the blue card at all, which means i don't need to copy the "Blue Card (R4i)" files from the downloaded archive.
-i need to put the launcher.dat from the archive to a fat32 SD card, and the roms go to an exfat microsd in the red card.

otherwise, the tutorial has me lost.

that emunand and CIA thing, and "nand dumping" it's for people who want to play online right?
because it looks very complicated for a newcomer.

as far as i have read, this is what i understood:
-i set up my wifi details, but turn it off.
-SD card with launcher.dat in the 3ds
-something with the red card. (do i put it in with the sd card empty or with the games already on it?)
-go to web, bookmark adress, turn wifi on, refresh page to connect and choose bootgateway mode.
-follow on-screen instructions to "update the gateway 3ds"

then everything gets complicated, i don't know what to do past that point.

could somebody give me some pointers? or a link to a more user-friendly guide?

i don't want to play online of fiddle with whatever nand, sysnand emunand and stuff (mainly because i don't even know what those words mean)

so yeah, i have my console, my cards, and my roms.
how do i launch a game now?
OK, you seem to have the basics figured out fine.

Once you have updated your Gateway 3DS, it will take you to the Gateway Launcher menu. I would highly suggest that the first thing you do is create a backup of your NAND, just in case something goes wrong in the future. You can never have enough backups...and in your case, 1 backup is essential!

If you're not wanting to play online at all, then emuNAND right now isn't needed. You can just launch the Gateway mode and it will run off the sysNAND; just make sure you turn off your wireless or it will prompt you to update.

The microSD card in your red Gateway card needs to have the ROMs on it so when you press SELECT, the nice MultiROM selector will come up.

Reactions: odasama

odasama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, you seem to have the basics figured out fine.

Once you have updated your Gateway 3DS, it will take you to the Gateway Launcher menu. I would highly suggest that the first thing you do is create a backup of your NAND, just in case something goes wrong in the future. You can never have enough backups...and in your case, 1 backup is essential!

If you're not wanting to play online at all, then emuNAND right now isn't needed. You can just launch the Gateway mode and it will run off the sysNAND; just make sure you turn off your wireless or it will prompt you to update.

The microSD card in your red Gateway card needs to have the ROMs on it so when you press SELECT, the nice MultiROM selector will come up.

Ok, so i update, then before leaving the menu, i backup the nand on the sd (and then copy that on my PC).

then, if i understand correctly, everytime i turn off the console, go to settings, or quit smash bros, i need to reconect to internet and choose "boot to gateway mode" again?

does this mean that if i travel a bit, with no wifi and still want to play games, all i have to do is not go to settings, turn off or play smash bros and i'll be fine?

so i would put it in sleep mode instead of turning it off and i would be fine?

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so i update, then before leaving the menu, i backup the nand on the sd (and then copy that on my PC).

then, if i understand correctly, everytime i turn off the console, go to settings, or quit smash bros, i need to reconect to internet and choose "boot to gateway mode" again?

does this mean that if i travel a bit, with no wifi and still want to play games, all i have to do is not go to settings, turn off or play smash bros and i'll be fine?

so i would put it in sleep mode instead of turning it off and i would be fine?

Yep, copy the backup off your SD card and you'll be safe in the knowledge that if something goes wrong you at least have some method of restoring your 3DS.

You are correct again, however after the first time you have run the exploit and launched Gateway mode, it won't take you to the Launcher menu. Instead, after you see the Gateway logo on the top screen after going to the webpage, it will go straight into Gateway mode. Just makes it a little bit quicker.

Keeping your 3DS in sleep mode is the only way to keep it in Gateway mode if you have no access to WiFi, yes. In case you do accidentally turned it off, you could always use mobile hotspot if you have a smartphone. I don't think running the exploit once uses that much data!

Reactions: odasama

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do I need an Internet connection to be enabled every time I run the Gateway exploit?
Yes. Add http://go.gateway-3ds.com to your favourites to speed up the process.

Of course not. I am at 4.3 and I use the DS profile exploit to get into Gateway Mode (Yes, I am using 3 Ultra or whatever it's called)
Since you can downgrade to 4.5, I assume you can also use the DS profile exploit once you get to 4.5

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course not. I am at 4.3 and I use the DS profile exploit to get into Gateway Mode (Yes, I am using 3 Ultra or whatever it's called)
Since you can downgrade to 4.5, I assume you can also use the DS profile exploit once you get to 4.5
I've changed the wording of the question, you still need to run it every time if you're not on 4.x.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok i must have did something wrong
everything's working, i have emunand ect.
but, even if i restore my saved data from pc to sd i don't get my preinstalled games
when i look on my sd there are two differente profils

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So formatting sysNAND with the SD card removed is safe from update? An internet connection is required so I don't want to risk it unless its confirmed safe.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Q: How to dump a 3DS game? i see 2 files of the same size on my SD called:
- ABPR.3D0
- ABPR.3D1
(Dumping Resident Evil Revelations)
Both files are 2Gb in size

Here's one funny for those with Gateway and Sky3DS:

Q: Can i run Sky3DS when i'm in Emunand 9.4.0.21x
A: Yes you can run Sky3DS on your 3DS in Emunand 9.4.0.21. You can use this to update legit games or your games on Sky3DS This way the annoying update question disappears in EmuNAND and SysNAND!

;)

Another question that would be helpfull:
Q: Should i update Emunand to 9.4.0.21x
A: Yes, you should cause as long as Nintendo stays on 9.4.0.21x you can download games and updates for games from the eshop or redownload all your bought games to your emunand.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: is there anyway for me to setup an emunand on my 3DS(9.2) without the need for any extra hardware such as flash cards ?
And if not can I set up the emunand using any NDS flash Card ( example DSTWO)?
Also is it possible to set up Dev menu without any extra hardware (flash cards , cubic ninja ) ?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Question: is there anyway for me to setup an emunand on my 3DS(9.2) without the need for any extra hardware such as flash cards ?
And if not can I set up the emunand using any NDS flash Card ( example DSTWO)?
Also is it possible to set up Dev menu without any extra hardware (flash cards , cubic ninja ) ?

You need your Gateway and a SD cart in your 3DS
- BACKUP your SD (Format Emunand formats everything on the SD cart from your 3DS (You can copy everything back later to get back your saves etc...)
- You don't need a flashcart for emunand, only your red gateway cart
- Devmenu, have to experiment with it myself yet

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To anybody having problems with game loading, freezes, or suddenly popping up "card was removed":

Format your MicroSD with ExFAT, preferably with a high chunk size. I suggest you use 32 kbytes.

It solved all my problems and the loading is WAY faster.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Question: my 3ds downloaded the 9.4 update a while back. I haven't updated, but will having it downloaded affect the gateway exploit?
You can delete the update so that it no longer asks to update. I cannot remember the exact path, but it is in a folder called 'extdata' buried in a folder on the SD card.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-