Hacking Some FAQ For The New 3.0 BETA Update

AeonTek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am on 9.2, if I run the exploit and play games, will I lose my saves when I am able to downgrade to 4.5 and install emunand? Don't know whether to wait or not. Thank you.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nobody knows how the downgrade feature is going to work, but probably not because all your saves will be stored on your SD card as .sav files anyway.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I read the maxconsole guide, and I'm wondering if when it says that it's not good to have a system nagging for a system update, if I setup emunand with my 3ds that asks for an update, will that update my sysnand or something? I also read that for emunand and other stuff a system format is recomended, but I have waaay too much stuff downloaded to format my 3ds

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So formatting sysNAND with the SD card removed is safe from update? An internet connection is required so I don't want to risk it unless its confirmed safe.

Just did it this morning, completely safe. Used my phone hotspot to monitor the data usage; it didn't download a thing.

Reactions: Margen67

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I stay on 2.7? I really don't see the big advantages of 3.0 on a 4.5 XL with 9.4 emuNAND. Everything works great with 2.7.

There may not be any major benefits, but there's no downside to updating the Launcher.dat, either. It still works with the DS exploit just fine. The update for the red card does supposedly improve card compatibility and read speed.

So, I read the maxconsole guide, and I'm wondering if when it says that it's not good to have a system nagging for a system update, if I setup emunand with my 3ds that asks for an update, will that update my sysnand or something? I also read that for emunand and other stuff a system format is recomended, but I have waaay too much stuff downloaded to format my 3ds

OK, first, backup the contents of your SD card before installing EmuNAND, because that does wipe the card. Afterward, you will want to delete the new "Nintendo 3DS" folder that was just created and copy the old one back. Formatting only wipes SysNAND. Your EmuNAND will still have all your games. Unless you've got DSiWare, you will lose nothing.

Can you play classic DS roms? If so is it same process as 3DS roms?

You need a DS card to play DS games. Get a DSTwo, or use the unban CIA and an Acekard 2i if you're on an extremely tight budget.

So I am on 9.2, if I run the exploit and play games, will I lose my saves when I am able to downgrade to 4.5 and install emunand? Don't know whether to wait or not. Thank you.

Good question. It's my understanding the "bonus feature" fixes the save issue. But so far we only have confirmation for card type 2.

SaintTsubasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, quick question. If I install a .cia DLC for a game that I purchased from the e-shop, wil it work? Or do .cia DLC only work with .3ds/.3dz/.cia games?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, is there an app that will let me change the order of the games in the gateway menu?

I believe "Gateway 3DS SD Manager" does this. Think I found it on MaxC.

So, quick question. If I install a .cia DLC for a game that I purchased from the e-shop, wil it work? Or do .cia DLC only work with .3ds/.3dz/.cia games?

It should work. In Gateway mode, the system cannot differentiate between an e-shop purchase and a CIA (in fact, many CIAs are made from e-shop downloads), so they should work interchangeably.

does classic mode works without gateway yet?

I was not under the impression they were planning to do that. They have to do something to ensure you actually buy the card after all. They're most likely giving away the downgrade as it is (a trusting move considering 4.5 has CFW, CFW that rips off their earlier innovations at that). I realize it doesn't seem like removing it from Classic mode would hurt their business much, but it might make it too easy to find and remove the checks from Gateway mode -- the one thing they have to keep people honest.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't read all the thread yet, but I have a question (maybe it has already been asked).

- Can you use the browser exploit to launch GW 2.6 instead of using MSET exploit?

- Does Downgrade feature installs higher title version and prevent update nag or official and future updates of SysNAND?

- While using emuNAND, does savegames played on a 4.5 SysNAND console still work on a 6.x+ SysNAND console?
There's a chance that they are not compatible, because it's using new KeyY method available on newer SysNAND version.
Edit:
it seems compatible :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/page-6#post-5270179
They probably blocked the use of 6.x crypto and force games to use pre-6x keyY method.

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sigh..

Still having issues with most of my roms. The games just randomly crash saying that the card was removed. I formatted my microSD several times, tried exFAT and FAT32, checked my microSD with h2testw, even use untrimmed roms...
and yet I still get that error randomly. Sometimes I can play for a half an hour, sometimes it crashes after a few minutes.
Anybody got an idea? This is really frustrating and quite frankly, destroying the fun.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I can't open up the internet browser - when I try it says "The internet browser will be available once you update your system via the internet." Of course if I do that I'm screwed, right?

Also, there's no QR code button in camera mode - yes I'm using the basic camera mode, not the one with the parakeet.

I have the original 3DS model.

And this is why all N3DS owners are basically fucked.
For N3DS with stock firmwares 8.x - 9.2, trying to open the Browser gives the error message mama mia reported.

Therefore even if GW releleased a new website exploit, N3DS owners couldn't even use it.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why all N3DS owners are basically fucked.
For N3DS with stock firmwares 8.x - 9.2, trying to open the Browser gives the error message mama mia reported.

Therefore even if GW releleased a new website exploit, N3DS owners couldn't even use it.
What are you talking about? I can access the browser just fine on my 9.1 JP N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.