A9LH refugee has some questions, migrating to B9S

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm still on A9LH lol.
Sys FW 11.2.0 and Luma 6.6, to be specific.

For the latest homebrew, I need to update.

Going off what files I backed up.. looks like I did a FW 2.1.0 downgrade, to dump OTP.
The guide says to restore an earlier NAND in this case.
If your New 3DS was on version 2.1.0 before following this guide, you should restore your NAND backup before continuing. This likely doesn’t apply to you unless you were following this guide in 2017.

My NAND backup is 9.2.0. I don't want to lose everything I installed since then. How can I get around this?

Last edited by simbin,

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have A9LH working, then you don’t need to restore anything, unless you are swapping your emuNAND to your sysNAND.
Otherwise, you can just upgrade from A9LH
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

I'm not sure if they mean currently on 2.1.0, or EVER been on 2.1.0.
I downgraded a long time ago, to dump OTP.
If your New 3DS was on version 2.1.0 before following this guide, you should restore your NAND backup before continuing. This likely doesn’t apply to you unless you were following this guide in 2017.

Last edited by simbin,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty sure I do, or else I'll brick. I downgraded to 2.1.0 a long time ago, to dump OTP.
I am a little confused because I don’t see that quote in the Guide. You should just need to download and use the secret_sector.bin

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure I fully completed a guide.. probably that one, but can't be certain. I vaguely remember the downgrade procedure, to dump OTP.
The guide also would of stated to restore a nand backup at that point which allowed you update firmware without worry. which would mean those warnings would not be applicable to your case here.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide also would of stated to restore a nand backup at that point which allowed you update firmware without worry. which would mean those warnings would not be applicable to your case here.
I'm sure I did that, in order to update to 11.2.0, which was current back then.

Just a quick update.. installing B9S and latest Luma did the trick!
Didn't need to go online and update FW or anything. I probably will eventually.

For my purpose of running the new Virtual Boy emulator.. everything works great.

Last edited by simbin,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?