ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just beat the boss after act 2 and there is a bug?? i think it could be the flash card im using but all the color gets mess up after the boss.
Btw im using M3 DS real

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
Has anyone beaten act 6? I have been stuck there forever.

What're you stuck on?

If you're having trouble with the maze-like layout of the island, just keep going east, and check the area maps.

Hyacia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can tell so much : This Game dosent have "bugs" on which ur stucking in the Game. ^^
I'am already in the third difficulti.. so, no. ^^
When you stuck somewhere, tell me where and I can barely help you with anything. ^-^

Hya

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put out a new patch with the rest of the Act 3 cutscenes. Making progress, slowly but steadily...

Edit: I also broke the statistics out into two categories, to better show how much of the main storyline has been translated.

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DarthNemesis said:
Just put out a new patch with the rest of the Act 3 cutscenes. Making progress, slowly but steadily...

Edit: I also broke the statistics out into two categories, to better show how much of the main storyline has been translated.

Very nice Darth!
grog.gif

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
So..... um.... have the tutorial men get translated yet?

That's mostly a "no," though I think a lot of their text (or similar Library text) is just waiting for cleanup.

They're largely unnecessary, game mechanics are easy to get - the most important bits are currently in english.

Asitaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, I registered just for this topic. I don't know much about 'Soma Bringer' but I speak/read Japanese passably, and I'd like to take a crack at this. I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate, or how much help I can bring to the table, regardless... I'm setting up the tools and fidgeting with it, here's hoping!

*** edit...
looks like I'll have to try playing some more to figure out the context....

*** another edit...
Started on an NPC that had yet to be translated, not sure about some of the context so I left it for now, but, I realise I have no idea how to upload my changes.

*** and a final edit....
I manually copied another NPC wiki entry since I don't know how to make a page automatically, and hope it works out, anyway off to bed.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
RvLeshrac said:
Raestloz said:
So..... um.... have the tutorial men get translated yet?

That's mostly a "no," though I think a lot of their text (or similar Library text) is just waiting for cleanup.

They're largely unnecessary, game mechanics are easy to get - the most important bits are currently in english.

Well, they told you about burst attacks, orbs, and other things. I don't know yet what the heck is "burst shot" and speaking about it, can anybody tell me what it is?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I just finished downloading this and I'm about to try it out... ust wondering... since it's only done up to Act 4 (I think), is it possible to keep playing without any of the story translated?

EDIT: Wow... so far, this game is completely amazing. I noticed a grammatical error though.

The first time "The 4 Ability System" is explained...

"Each category requires different equipment, AP is allocated to each, skill to strengthen and master."

Should be...

"Each category requires different equipment. Ap is allocated to each skill to strengthen and master."

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Well, they told you about burst attacks, orbs, and other things. I don't know yet what the heck is "burst shot" and speaking about it, can anybody tell me what it is?

Don't quote me on this, but I think you're thinking of the extra effects some attacks have when you break an enemy. (knockback, launch, etc.)

Burst Shot is the name of a Gunner ability which is sort of like a shotgun attack (higher damage at close range, hits multiple enemies).

QUOTE(Warcueid @ Jul 27 2008, 02:06 PM) I just finished downloading this and I'm about to try it out... ust wondering... since it's only done up to Act 4 (I think), is it possible to keep playing without any of the story translated?

EDIT: Wow... so far, this game is completely amazing. I noticed a grammatical error though.

The first time "The 4 Ability System" is explained...

"Each category requires different equipment, AP is allocated to each, skill to strengthen and master."

Should be...

"Each category requires different equipment. Ap is allocated to each skill to strengthen and master."

Edit it on the wiki!

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RvLeshrac

Regarding your recent comment on the wiki, it's nowhere near 23 characters per line since the font is variable-width. You can use SomaFont to preview lines, though.
Also, keep in mind the restriction of 2 lines per dialog box - if you go over, it will start a new box, so make sure to structure sentences accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.