Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
didnt pray* or do the sign of the cross.

She was also like "if you're atheist or agnostic why do you even go to this school?"

And she threatened to give a note to the office if we didnt do the sign of the cross or call our parents if we didnt do it. Like, what the **** are you gonna say when you send a note down the the office? "Justin didnt do the sign of the cross. He's a Satanist".

So fail. No wonder people become atheist or agnostic

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Mewgia said:
welcome to organized religion

it's fucked up

No, it's called crazy religious nuts who want to impose their religion on everyone else.

Not all religious people are like that (most aren't, in fact)... it's idiots like that that give religious people a bad name.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of this story.

There was this girl I know that goes to a Catholic/Christian/Something school and she one day she wrote a blog on her myspace about what she thinks about religion/something like that and some girl she knows at that school saw the blog, then had her parents read the blog, and they called the school and the girl I know got banned from a field trip or something and got in trouble. The whole thing is like :wtf:

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Teej said:
Mewgia said:

it's fucked up

No, it's called crazy religious nuts who want to impose their religion on everyone else.

Not all religious people are like that (most aren't, in fact)... it's idiots like that that give religious people a bad name.

Very true. I get annoyed by the psycho religious people. I'm religious but not like that at all, and it annoys me

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
And the most stupid thing... Why do they give religion classes? I mean, not everyone beleive in 'Jebus'!!!

What the fuck was wrong with the people that came up with this shitness?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Goten said:
And the most stupid thing... Why do they give religion classes? I mean, not everyone beleive in 'Jebus'!!!

To educate people about others beliefs in an effort to reduce prejudism?

That's what mine were about, anyway.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jester13 said:
And she threatened to give a note to the office if we didnt do the sign of the cross or call our parents if we didnt do it.
Whoa, that's unarguably illegal where I live. Dunno about the US though. It's not like I would be surprised if it wasn't.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
science said:
The Teej said:
Mewgia said:

it's fucked up

Very true. I get annoyed by the psycho religious people. I'm religious but not like that at all, and it annoys me
science once tried to force some weird food on me.
I think it was Canadian..

MartijnTiny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think ist a verry good thing to give regegion classes, on my elemetary school dunno if its the correct term (i attended that till around my 11th year, so you guys do the math what school that translates too) they gave religion classes (catholic ones) but it wasnt forced upon us, we were nevere forced to pray or something like that, it was more like they told us some storys that are in the bible and the toughts that go with them(there where even a few muslims on our school). But its good becouse it tought me a lot of my cultural history and where most of the hollidays actualy relate to (yes i know the chistians "stole" most of them, but that doesnt matter now). In my highschool we also had religion classes, but there wel learned of the 4 main (or at least main in their prespective) religions, wich i find most usefull until today, becouse it gave me an insight in how people of other relgions precieve their god/gods or religion. So i think religon classes are verry usefull for anyone, it gives you a (usefull) insight of other peoples religions.

but it's still stupid that your teacher almost forces you to pray, thats just plain wrong.

greetz,
Tiny

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
jester13 said:
And she threatened to give a note to the office if we didnt do the sign of the cross or call our parents if we didnt do it.
Whoa, that's unarguably illegal where I live. Dunno about the US though. It's not like I would be surprised if it wasn't.

It's illegal, unless you go to a private school I believe.

Judging by OP's post, he goes to a Christian school, so it could be perfectly legal.

Posts merged

The Teej said:
QUOTE(Mewgia @ Jan 21 2009, 11:42 PM)

it's fucked up

organized religion is what creates said crazy religious nuts

fool

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
jester13 said:

Like what mewgia said, I'm pretty sure it's legal considering he goes to a christian school. If it were a public school, it would be breaking separation of church and state.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Mewgia said:
The Teej said:
Mewgia said:

it's fucked up

organized religion is what creates said crazy religious nuts

fool

It also creates many civilised people who do nothing but try to spread peace and happiness, and are generally happy themselves.

Also, don't call me a fool just because we have a disagreement, that's not very respectful is it?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mess with religious fanatics. You have to toe the line so hard and if you make a single mistake...well, just don't fuck with someone like this:

image.jpg

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
All right, so far this topic is ruining my mellow. 1) Crazy religious people also have demons inside them to become 'extremely' religious. 2) Why my first name is being use inside this topic, TC aka jester13. 3) Just because you didn't pray for once isn't going to make God send lighting down to you without a reason. The cross dudes is the main reason why God isn't PMS'ing on us. If it wasn't for the cross then well let's say you won't see me typing here that's for sure.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to go to a school for Christians when I was young they knew I was an athiest and had no problem and I will go ahead and double the note that we were in WV at the time so like the teej said its the person not the whole religion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?