• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So about Dark Brandon's speech last night...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's how the party switch worked, yes. The Dixiecrats became Republicans because Democrats started pushing big tent messaging. Republican candidates have been using the Southern Strategy in elections ever since.
So the past republicans became interested big "all-inclusive" government and became the democrats?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So the past republicans became interested big "all-inclusive" government and became the democrats?
Yep, more or less. Modern Republicans want to keep flying the confederate flag with "muh heritage" as their excuse, yet they also want to claim Lincoln as their own. It'd be mind boggling if they were ever willing to activate their minds for a minute.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yep, more or less. Modern Republicans want to keep flying the confederate flag with "muh heritage" as their excuse, yet they also want to claim Lincoln as their own. It'd be mind boggling if they were ever willing to activate their minds for a minute.

I don't see how some democrats becoming republicans implies that republicans became democrats.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how some democrats becoming republicans implies that republicans became democrats.
I'm sure not all of them did, but the ones that stuck around were those that had no problem buddying up to confederates and hearing constant dog whistles within the party's messaging. Nixon, for example, was blatantly anti-black, anti-hispanic, and pro-war/anti-hippie.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When and how did they switch?
Late 60s/early 70s. The parties switched in terms of most policies and platforms, but obviously nobody forced voters to switch along with them. It took quite a bit of time before Democrats were able to regain the popularity of the old Republican party.

Ephemeral9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late 60s/early 70s. The parties switched in terms of most policies and platforms, but obviously nobody forced voters to switch along with them. It took quite a bit of time before Democrats were able to regain the popularity of the old Republican party.
Didn't something like this happen after/during Reagan's presidency as well? Thought I read it somewhere due to the landslide victory of his second term election. I could very well be wrong though.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Didn't something like this happen after/during Reagan's presidency as well? Thought I read it somewhere due to the landslide victory of his second term election. I could very well be wrong though.
There was no party switch at that time, though one could consider Reagan's presidency and popularity to be the beginning of neoconservative/neoliberal economic policies. Or what I'd call the beginning of America's downfall, and the reason so much of our infrastructure and architecture is perpetually stuck in the 80s. Put another way, it's the gospel of "fuck you I got mine." Prior to that it was extremely rare for anyone to become a millionaire, and billionaires didn't exist at all.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm sure not all of them did, but the ones that stuck around were those that had no problem buddying up to confederates and hearing constant dog whistles within the party's messaging. Nixon, for example, was blatantly anti-black, anti-hispanic, and pro-war/anti-hippie.

I don't see how any of that suggests that any Republican would join the Democrats. If the topic of how to manage racism was a dividing issue, I don't see how that would cause Republicans to switch to the party that threatens them with bigger government and stronger regulation.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how that would cause Republicans to switch to the party that threatens them with bigger government and stronger regulation.
Lol, because strong regulation was what Republicans were all about before the party switch. The top tax rate in the 1950s was 90%, and it stayed high through to the 80s. It's not a coincidence that the middle class thrived most during those decades when the government also provided strong social safety nets.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be honest:
like trump said, but applied in this different context, there is the need for a neutral "special master" to decide who the facists are.
maybe someone from another country, one who knows a lot about facists and hitler :)
Not really. We know who the fascists are, one party fits Umberto Eco's 14 points almost entirely to a T, whereas the Democrats only hit point 10 about half way, and point 13.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Not really. We know who the fascists are, one party fits Umberto Eco's 14 points almost entirely to a T, whereas the Democrats only hit point 10 about half way, and point 13.
Yet the Democrats are ran by a pedophile which you still haven't addressed. Selective hearing I'm sure as you only take pieces of a comment you want ignoring anything else.

Not really. We know who the fascists are, Democrats.
I'm glad we're on the same page.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yet the Democrats are ran by a pedophile which you still haven't addressed.
Now imagine if just calling Biden a creep was enough of a smear, because you have plenty of evidence of that. The reason it isn't enough is because you know the evidence that Trump is a fucking pedophile is just as strong, if not stronger.

Selective hearing I'm sure as you only take pieces of a comment you want ignoring anything else.
He says, and then immediately does the same thing for the second half of his post. For that matter you had to go beyond ignoring, to editing the quote.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Now imagine if just calling Biden a creep was enough of a smear, because you have plenty of evidence of that. The reason it isn't enough is because you know the evidence that Trump is a fucking pedophile is just as strong, if not stronger.
So believe all women except Ashley Biden, gotcha. And Trump was creepy with women, but I've only ever seen it from people who were of age. I guess the Biden case is (D)ifferent.

He says, and then immediately does the same thing for the second half of his post. For that matter you had to go beyond ignoring, to editing the quote.
Wow, you're incredibly observant. It's almost like I used the same post twice to make a point. But you also ignore things because @LainaGabranth does far, far worse in every post. But I'm assuming that (D)ifferent.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's video evidence of joe, Only seen one about Trump, and it was from The Hill a few years ago. If you want to provide some more evidence, ill be happy to look at it (Im not trying to being a cunt).

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that antagonizing half the country like he did will have no negative consequences whatsoever.

74,216,154 voted for Trump in 2020. A number of polls show that 30% of Trump voters are the ones who believe everything that Trump says.

So 22,264,846. This makes it around 6.5% of the population of the USA.

Where are you getting the numbers for half of the country?
As far as I'm aware of he is calling 6% of the country fascists.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's video evidence of joe, Only seen one about Trump, and it was from The Hill a few years ago. If you want to provide some more evidence, ill be happy to look at it (Im not trying to being a cunt).
Trump bragged about walking into the Miss Teen USA dressing room while many were naked. The first thing he mentioned about his newborn daughter (sorry, one year old) Tiffany was her tits. There are multiple extremely creepy photos of him and Ivanka together. And when asked about what he and Ivanka have in common during a live TV interview, he said "sex" without hesitation.

Apologies for calling him a pedophile, when I should've been calling him an incestuous pedophile.

Receipts:

https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-walks-in-miss-teen-usa-contestants-changing/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-daughter-breasts-robin-leach_n_5b8111fde4b07295151325bd

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/161012102650-ivanka-sits-on-trump.jpg - https://hollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/donald-ivanka-trump-throwback-photo-ftr-1.jpg - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiIY6ASWoAkgeOr.jpg

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...oked-he-and-ivanka-had-sex-in-common-w446872/

Oh and how could I almost forget that Trump was BFFs with Jeffrey fucking Epstein. As far as anyone knows, Trump had him murdered in federal prison to silence him too. Unless you actually believe Epstein committed suicide (lmao).

Last edited by Xzi,

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Oh and how could I almost forget that Trump was BFFs with Jeffrey fucking Epstein. As far as anyone knows, Trump had him murdered in federal prison to silence him too. Unless you actually believe Epstein committed suicide (lmao).
You might want to research Trump and Epstein's falling out. It seems like they partied in the 80/90s. But later had a major falling out after Epstein's dealing with children came out. The parties I saw media referencing between the two involved adults.

“Well, I think she’s got a lot of Marla, she’s a really beautiful baby,” said Trump, who was sat next to Maples. “She’s got Marla’s legs. We don’t know whether or not she’s got this part yet, but time will tell,” Trump added, while cupping his hands to his chest to indicate breasts.

Crass humor, but how is that pedophilia?

Trump bragged about walking into the Miss Teen USA dressing room while many were naked. The first thing he mentioned about his newborn daughter (sorry, one year old) Tiffany was her tits. There are multiple extremely creepy photos of him and Ivanka together. And when asked about what he and Ivanka have in common during a live TV interview, he said "sex" without hesitation.

Apologies for calling him a pedophile, when I should've been calling him an incestuous pedophile.

Receipts:

https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-walks-in-miss-teen-usa-contestants-changing/
Did you read your receipts? Your people article talks about the contestants revealing it to reporters years later. It didn't mention Trump bragging about it like you claimed. Did he barge in and oogling them? I didn't read that. It possible he entered with other people not expecting any to be exposed.

The CNN image looks odd, but without context you can get questionable still images from everyday actions. She was sitting on a single knee of his rather than his crotch though. All of the other images are staged for a photographer and who a father and daughter with a healthy relationship who love each other. Perhaps you don't have children or they hate you?

It's not creepy like Biden kissing his adult daughter on the lips on live TV. But that's (D)ifferent.

During a Q&A game called Fave Five, host Wendy Williams asked Ivanka, now 34, about her favorite thing she and her father had in common. “Either real estate or golf,” she innocently replied.

Williams, 52, then asked Donald, 70, the same question, prompting an unexpected response. “Well, I was going to say sex, but I can’t relate that to her,” he said, pointing to his eldest daughter, who was visibly mortified by the response.

In 2004, Donald discussed his daughter’s physique during an interview with Howard Stern.

“My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka,” he said at the time. The 62-year-old shock jock then said, “Can I say this? A piece of ass.” Donald agreed, simply adding, “Yeah.”

Again crass humor, and a parent with no filter teasing his adult daughter. Are you saying being sex positive is bad?

He more likely out lived his usefulness to his handlers. He was the party guy that got dirt on people in power for blackmail and control purposes. Did you notice how we still haven't seen the client list? But with how far they had to go to find anything to complain about Trump, if they had video or photos from Epstein, we'd all have seen it six years ago.

Last edited by Deleted member 114266,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Delardrion