United States

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you determine the ip of the laptop?
What's the ip of the wii?
Do you have a third party firewall on the laptop, or are you using the standard windows one?
A video won't help much. I could make one showing it working on my configuration. You will do exactly the same and it won't work.
We will be back to square one. No 2 pc's are identical.
I check on ipconfig in command box. You should know that. I don't know but I will look up. Well there is nothing mention firewall about share network. If it does, then where is setting firewall for share network? Maybe there is other that I don't know and never try to check it out. I just do basic way. Well I am using laptop.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question has been answered so many times... I facepalm why it's still a question. Let me put it this way:

ERROR: F:/SNESX9/Roms

SOLUTION: \\Server\SharedFolder

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question has been answered so many times... I facepalm why it's still a question. Let me put it this way:

ERROR: F:/SNESX9/Roms

SOLUTION: \\Server\SharedFolder
Let you know wii keyboard don't have \. Only /. Sorry, but you are not helping me. Still error message.

Video please. It better than nothing when someone tell me and I do try and i still get wrong. I rather video because it easy to follow.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no you don't need the full path, only the name of the share (you choose it when you exported it)
find your computer in the windows network
open it
the folders you see on this first level are that computers shares

an take a look at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Tinysmb

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In network settings, it says IP SMB share. I can confirm that entering the Ip of the host pc there just works fine. (no need to mess with / or \ )
The program has a Snes9xgx folder on the wii sd card or usb drive. Copy that folder and it's contents to your pc. One of it's subfolders is the roms folder.
Share the snes9xgx folder on your pc. Since you haven't told yet what os you are using, I can't give detailed information or a video tutorial how to do that.
The Smb share name will likely be snes9xgx, unless you changed the default choice of your os for the share name.
In the program on the wii, option loading and storing, set the loading and storing device to network.

So, instead of F:/SNESX9/Roms
Asuming your smb share is snesx9 and roms is a subfolder of it, the smb share name is simply snesx9

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you don't need the full path, only the name of the share (you choose it when you exported it)
find your computer in the windows network
open it
the folders you see on this first level are that computers shares

an take a look at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Tinysmb
....Great....Just great. No file for Window 7. Do you have better plan for Window 7?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many do I have to tell you? it is not work. Do you have other better plan to connect my laptop for window 7? I didn't do anything with firewall because I don't want mess up on my laptop system.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
....Great....Just great. No file for Window 7. Do you have better plan for Window 7?

Follow the Vista guide. Answer the questions people asked here so far. Google windows 7 + folder sharing.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. None of them do work. I do follow them but nothing. Like I said, I need video. I already keep try on google but no luck. So I suggest you do video than give a stupid explain. No offense. I am sorry. I need video please. I will refuse anything expect video. I am sorry. I have no choice to try it. If you don't make a video, then I will close this post for waste my time for my request for video. Like I said, I always do basic way. Not advance stuff because I hate advance stuff.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but it not take me anywhere. I notice 4 or 5 topic same problem as I have but none of them is work. Please...do make video yourself for snes and window 7 for network share. That video you gave me is shared folder to other pc. I already try it on my wii. it not fit in. Maybe you pick wrong video. That is about share folder to other pc. Not to snes emulator network share. I think you need more pay attention.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The pc part for sharing a folder to another pc and sharing to snes emulator is exactly the same.

You make a video of how you try to do it and I will tell you what you are doing wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN bricks