Homebrew SNESX9GX network share

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. OK, On the wii, SMB share name should be just SNES and not //Aaron/snes
I had load device set "on network" as well. (probably not needed.)

I log in to my pc with my name. On the share, I add that name to users with permissions.
As Everyone isn't really among the regular users, I have no idea were you got the password from you use on the wii. (for the Everyone user)
2. I basically would expect you can leave it blank

So, try 1 and 2 afterwards. If it still doesn't work I will try the exactly same thing over here tomorrow morning.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I already change SNES. Well when I add the share folder, it pop up for password for share folder. it happen itself. Well I just follow video you gave me. I try it but it still not work. Oh ok.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I followed your video in detail and had to make a few additional steps.

On the pc, I went to the start button, configuration screen, user accounts and parental control and added a user with a password
For instance, you could add the user wii with passwords wii

On the wii, this are the settings:

SMB share IP: 192.168.1.254
SMB Share name: snes
SMB share username:wii
SMB share password:wii

Everyone does not really mean everyone. It means every user known on the pc with a non blanc password.

If aarons exist as user on that pc with pinballdog as password, those credentials should work as well.
SMB share IP: 192.168.1.254
SMB Share name: snes
SMB share username:aarons
SMB share password:Pinballdog

I can't make a video, as my windows 7 laptop uses a different language setting.
Also note that their might be setup differences between windows 7 home premium and windows 7 professional.

A couple of other things you should check:
- The network connection is operational on the Wii (You could check the Weather channel or shopping channel)
- The ip of the laptop is 192.168.1.254 (It simply can't work if that one is incorrect.)(Maybe show us what the ipconfig/all command is giving you.)
- The shared folder is accessible from another pc.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Go to \\127.0.0.1 in explorer. That should show you all the shares on your computer and let you access them. If it works from there and you can access the share, it should work on the Wii too assuming you entered the correct username and password, and the correct IP address and share name. (you'll see the share name when you go to \\127.0.0.1)
192.168.1.254 sounds more like the IP of your router. Where did you find that IP? The correct IP to use is the "IPv4 Address" you see when running ipconfig (if you don't know how to run it use Start->Run or the start menu search box, type cmd into it, and in the new window that appears, type ipconfig)
Also, if you are using XP Home Edition, it's not possible to have a username and password on the share (and on XP Pro I believe you have to explicitly enable it), but on Vista and Win7 Home Premium it's the default. Not sure about Home Basic since I've never tried that, it might not be possible there.
If it fails to connect, that probably means it doesn't even get to the authentication stage because the IP address is wrong or sharing is disabled on your home network (in the Windows Firewall if you use it, or in the Network and Sharing Center)

What you could try is if there's another PC in your home, you could try to use that to connect to it by typing \\(ipaddress of your share) into explorer. If that works, it's definitely configured wrong on your Wii.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A couple of other things you should check:
- The network connection is operational on the Wii (You could check the Weather channel or shopping channel)
- The ip of the laptop is 192.168.1.254 (It simply can't work if that one is incorrect.)(Maybe show us what the ipconfig/all command is giving you.)
- The shared folder is accessible from another pc.

The description I gave you worked in my case. If it doesn't work on your setup, above are a few things to check.
A video tutorial won't help. The ip you will see on it for my pc won't be the same as the one of your laptop....

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think we all know who is dumb around here.

And no, no one here works for "network share". Thats not even a company.
You probably mean "Microsoft". But I don't see why it would matter.
Telling gbatemp ones workplace would probably a bad move anyway.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think we all know who is dumb around here.

And no, no one here works for "network share". Thats not even a company.
You probably mean "Microsoft". But I don't see why it would matter.
Telling gbatemp ones workplace would probably a bad move anyway.

Agreed, the op needs to invest time in opreating his OS.
This is clearly not a emulator bug, nor is it our fault he can't get things to work.

Setting up shares on XP compared to WIN7 is Different.
XP is simple, WIN7 needs more work because of all the privileges you have to set, some details are easily overseen when you are used to XP shares.

This is not working. I have a better idea. Any of you has done this before so perfect and really work for network share?

Yes I have. ON all capable emulators and apps. It's not hard at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-