Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

cmdwedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, the title of this thread is SNES9x for Old 3DS. I have been running it on my New3DS for a while now and I really like it. Is there a better SNES emulator out there for New3DS? Thanks.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, the title of this thread is SNES9x for Old 3DS. I have been running it on my New3DS for a while now and I really like it. Is there a better SNES emulator out there for New3DS? Thanks.
There are others with better compatibility overall (RetroArch Snes9x ports) but this one, IMO, is the best overall, as it's specifically built for 3DS.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
There are others with better compatibility overall (RetroArch Snes9x ports) but this one, IMO, is the best overall, as it's specifically built for 3DS.
Can you also make this for Nes emulator as well? :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can. Download the bnr and find the cart texture inside that.
Also...how do i open this bnr file to find texture??

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to drop by to say I finished a link to the past for the first time this week using v1.11 on my o3ds, was quite fun, and nintendo said snes emulation on o3ds isnt possible :D
That's awesome! I'm working on beating that and Megaman X2.

Soon, once I figure out what prevents BS Zelda from working (it broke in a previous release and was fixed in 1.50) I will ask bubble2k16 if it's OK to push out a new release which also will add changes from the unofficial build and try to make the SuperFX games run at a closer speed to what they should be running at (they run a bit too fast currently).

I also still have yet to test the weird switch in Speedy Gonzales. I want to see how I can improve compatibility without causing slowdowns.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's awesome! I'm working on beating that and Megaman X2.

Soon, once I figure out what prevents BS Zelda from working (it broke in a previous release and was fixed in 1.50) I will ask bubble2k16 if it's OK to push out a new release which also will add changes from the unofficial build and try to make the SuperFX games run at a closer speed to what they should be running at (they run a bit too fast currently).

I also still have yet to test the weird switch in Speedy Gonzales. I want to see how I can improve compatibility without causing slowdowns.
I am eagerly awaiting for that sweet BS Zelda fix. :D

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you believe nintedno? They are just lazy! this is ONLY ONE example...
Actually, it's a matter of vs performance. Nintendo's official VC emulator is more accurate while Bubble2k16's emu!actor focuses on performance and special chip compatibility (mostly the former).

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
One of the things this emu lacks is per-scanline palette changes on anything outside of the background color. Go play the first level of DKC on the emu, look at the background, then compare with youtube videos of the first level. If I understand this emulator correctly, it forces a fixed 256 colors for all tilesets within each non-forced blank section, to which all tiles used in that section are converted using that fixed color palette. In DKC on the first level, parts of the background are completely black because the color used by tile cels in those parts is black, which is the result of the end of the non-forced blank section being black for that specific color entry.

Reactions: Michierusama

wiiLike2Hacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a blast playing SNES on my 2DS, so thanks for making it possible folks :) A couple of requests I have, if it hasn't already been brought up, is the ability to go back to a previous folder in any given directory simply by pressing B. Also, would it be possible to retain the sharp pixel image when selecting "Pixel Perfect fit (expand to fit)" for screen stretch option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E