Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a blast playing SNES on my 2DS, so thanks for making it possible folks :) A couple of requests I have, if it hasn't already been brought up, is the ability to go back to a previous folder in any given directory simply by pressing B. Also, would it be possible to retain the sharp pixel image when selecting "Pixel Perfect fit (expand to fit)" for screen stretch option?
The first one should be pretty easy. I'm not so sure about the second.

ramzinouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i have found a fix for BS Zelda (from snes9x 2005)
download and try it, for the source check my fork on github.

Y4xJ03i.png

uaNhTmB.png

ps: i did some modification to the ui hope you like it.

Attachments

• snes9x_3ds.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 264

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have found a fix for BS Zelda (from snes9x 2005)
download and try it, for the source check my fork on github.

Y4xJ03i.png

uaNhTmB.png

ps: i did some modification to the ui hope you like it.
Your fork seems to be more active than the other forks. Hmm. Will check it out and attempt to implement the fixes into the main branch. Thank you for finding a fix for this, if the fix works once I add the SGB support and a few other changes I'll make a new release. I've been busy for a while so I haven't had time to push some of the minor changes I've made (mostly text related as before).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I noticed the pull request that had the fix also had this commit which borrowed a fix from snes9x_3ds.
https://github.com/libretro/snes9x2005/pull/36/commits/d66c2f9506c54aa845e77dc2194f6b3dc3915a00

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many features planned for 1.2.0 are delayed for now, since the next release will include the changes, BS Zelda, and the new banner and I think that's enough for now. Sadly, global config, rapidfire and SGB support will have to wait for now while I learn more about 3DS homebrew.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Many features planned for 1.2.0 are delayed for now, since the next release will include the changes, BS Zelda, and the new banner and I think that's enough for now. Sadly, global config, rapidfire and SGB support will have to wait for now while I learn more about 3DS homebrew.
Does SGB support means this will become a defacto GB/C emulator too?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does SGB support means this will become a defacto GB/C emulator too?
Yes, however don't forget that there are also large borders created by the SGB itself, and this can only emulate GB games and GBC enhanced, not GBC exclusive.
The original Super Game Boy does not support GBC games.
Nor does the Super Game Boy 2.

ramzinouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@FateForWindows It seems that the "no stretch" display mode, and all others, are noticeably blurrier in 1.20 after updating from 1.11.

yes, by adding border support i have notice there is 1 pixel short in height, the blur effect was me trying to fix the screen resolution,now it's fixed
olZGwrn.png
rojcHev.png

here is a build if you want to try it

Edit: this build is unofficial and only for test, if you want a bug free
experience wait for the official release.

Attachments

• snes9x_3ds.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 267
Last edited by ramzinouri,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FateForWindows It seems that the "no stretch" display mode, and all others, are noticeably blurrier in 1.20 after updating from 1.11.
I haven't done an official update yet. Use ramzinouri's release for now. The official will not have most of the extra features once it comes out but will have a few changes (the new banner and BS Zelda support). The modifications are nice but I want to work on my own changes right now as well. I'll push a commit once I feel satisfied.

Last edited by FateForWindows,

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Instandhaltung,

wiiLike2Hacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, by adding border support i have notice there is 1 pixel short in height, the blur effect was me trying to fix the screen resolution,now it's fixed
olZGwrn.png
rojcHev.png

here is a build if you want to try it
I just copied the 3dsx and smdh files over to my sdcard and fired up snes9x in the homebrew launcher. The first issue I noticed was that Super Mario World failed to load. So I booted up Super Mario Kart instead and tested out the "Pixel Perfect fit (expand to fit)" option, but the blur still seems to be present. Installing the cia yielded the same results, any thoughts on why this may be?

Last edited by wiiLike2Hacks,

ramzinouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I just copied the 3dsx and smdh files over to my sdcard and fired up snes9x in the homebrew launcher. The first issue I noticed was that Super Mario World failed to load. So I booted up Super Mario Kart instead and tested out the "Pixel Perfect fit (expand to fit)" option, but the blur still seems to be present. Installing the cia yielded the same results, any thoughts on why this may be?

Only the "No Stretch" Option will give you a blur free image.
for Super Mario World i have fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr