Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have added support for 7zip (.7z) and gzip (.gz), only one rom per archive
Your work has easily overshadowed my slow progress.

A small update about my inactivity: I've been extremely busy lately with other projects (FNATI:F, a coding course, and other things) and haven't been able to work on this project. I may probably merge many of the changes ramzinouri has put into his project. Keep in mind that the reason I'm here is to keep this project alive, while I haven't been able to do a lot. So, yeah. Bubble seems to be focused on TemperPCE for 3DS and his break right now, but he still is leading the project, for the most part. I hope I will be able to keep my promises about the next few updates, and I hope to be able to work on this soon.

D

Deleted User

Your work has easily overshadowed my slow progress.

A small update about my inactivity: I've been extremely busy lately with other projects (FNATI:F, a coding course, and other things) and haven't been able to work on this project. I may probably merge many of the changes ramzinouri has put into his project. Keep in mind that the reason I'm here is to keep this project alive, while I haven't been able to do a lot. So, yeah. Bubble seems to be focused on TemperPCE for 3DS and his break right now, but he still is leading the project, for the most part. I hope I will be able to keep my promises about the next few updates, and I hope to be able to work on this soon.
Yeah, many thanks for your support!B-) Looking forward for improvements.

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started using Ramzinouri's version today, and I love it, I really love it. Compatibility is great, speed is great, even sound is great, and it's not a hateful, convoluted configuration mess like Libretro. :P
I'd like to have a fast forward, but as it is, I'm pleasantly surprised by this standalone. It's going to be my go-to SNES emu now.

I saw the savestates and turbo button settings, but unless I missed it, is there any way to remap keys, even by manually editing a config file?
I'd really like to be able to set hotkeys for the state save and reload, like RZ and LZ or a button combo or something.

blaze2051

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the ower of the snes9x does not mind, how can we add this version of the core to the ultimate 3ds vc program to make snes on the home menu run at full speed for the us o3ds guys? th ie program has the snes9x core but its only optimized for the n3ds not o3ds. added this core version would make that program complete allowing all 3ds to run snes classic on vc for both o3ds and n3ds

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the ower of the snes9x does not mind, how can we add this version of the core to the ultimate 3ds vc program to make snes on the home menu run at full speed for the us o3ds guys? th ie program has the snes9x core but its only optimized for the n3ds not o3ds. added this core version would make that program complete allowing all 3ds to run snes classic on vc for both o3ds and n3ds
Asdolo has already stated that he will eventually add support to his SNES Retroarch forwarder.

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm playing Mortal Kombat and when I go to the options screen and then button configuration, the screen is cut off so I can't choose my control layout.

Is this a ROM issue or an emulator issue? Does anyone else have this problem with MK 1 as well?

Attachments

• IMG_5834.PNG
    IMG_5834.PNG
    153.2 KB · Views: 256
D

Deleted User

I'm playing Mortal Kombat and when I go to the options screen and then button configuration, the screen is cut off so I can't choose my control layout.

Is this a ROM issue or an emulator issue? Does anyone else have this problem with MK 1 as well?
I experienced this as well. This occurs in the US and Japanese Versions of the game. The PAL Version is alright. I´m using Version 1.11 Snes9x on N3DS.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is it possible to change the button configuration kinda like the VirtualNes?

i have added support for 7zip (.7z) and gzip (.gz), only one rom per archive
I don't know why, but, whenever I try to load this version, snes9x just "stuck" whereas the version in the op works fine, do, I have to do something else, like putting extra files etc?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what? those emulators work perfect

I use Nes,Game Boy,Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance and I dont have any problem, I prefer emulate games and not cia games (make errors those cias)
The graphics. Retroarch doesn't have a pixel perfect setting. Plus none work at full speed on o3DS.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is incorrect.

Most Retroarch cores do indeed have pixel perfect settings. Set the aspect ration to 1:1 (PAR) and toggle integer scaling to ON and voila, pixel perfect video output. It's always been broken on a few cores though such as MAME 2000 and Picodrive, however.

And Gambatte and QuickNES run full speed on O3DS with ease. Many games also run full speed on O3DS via Picodrive. I wouldn't recommend using QuickNES however as VirtuaNES is pretty much superior in every way.

Last edited by SG6000,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is incorrect.

Most Retroarch cores do indeed have pixel perfect settings. Set the aspect ration to 1:1 (PAR) and toggle integer scaling to ON and voila, pixel perfect video output. It's always been broken on a few cores though such as MAME 2000 and Picodrive, however.

And Gambatte and QuickNES run full speed on O3DS with ease. Many games also run full speed on O3DS via Picodrive. I wouldn't recommend using QuickNES however as VirtuaNES is pretty much superior in every way.
I'm aware of that. Picodrive also can run at full speed on O3DS, though not as easily (there's usually occasional slowdown).

Energizer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
First of all, I want to thank bubble2k16 for his amazing work that gave us an alternative choice for playing SNES games on 3DS using SNES9X. I recently bought myself a N3DS XL to play all SNES games (yes, this would take a decade) and would like to help contributing to the Compatibility list (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Snes9x_for_3DS).

May I ask…:
1. Is the “Pixel Perfect (No Stretch)” of bubble2k16’s SNES9X same as the “Pixel Perfect” mode in SNES VC Injector?
2. Is there any noticeable difference between EUR and USA game (rom)? And which one (EUR or USA rom) is preferable to play on bubble2k16’s SNES9X?

Thank you.

(by the way, I am excited and looking forward to seeing some new development on this project, continued by FateForWindows ? :))

SonicvMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
May I ask…:
1. Is the “Pixel Perfect (No Stretch)” of bubble2k16’s SNES9X same as the “Pixel Perfect” mode in SNES VC Injector?
2. Is there any noticeable difference between EUR and USA game (rom)? And which one (EUR or USA rom) is preferable to play on bubble2k16’s SNES9X?
1. Exactly the same
2. Use USA roms. Eur/Pal roms will only run at 50fps due to games being made for USA 60hz tv refresh rates at the time and then being lazily ported and unoptomised (usually) for a European 50hz refresh rate despite European tvs accepting 60hz fine

Reactions: Energizer

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RetroArch versions of SMRPG, KSS, and KDL3 have problems. SMRPG either has graphical issues or slowdown or sacrifices one for the other. KDL3 has the same problem. When these are ran on SNES9X For Old3DS, none of these problems are present. All 3 games run at full speed (at least on N3DS) and the only issues are the SPC700 sfx (Only the lightning sfx plays correctly in SMRPG) and lack of mosaic effects (like in SMRPG, when you enter a cave, during the waterfall part of the Midas River mini-game). I want to make these as VC injects, so I don't have to use the standalone emulator because I already have 20 custom made SNES VC games like Super Mario All-Stars and ActRaiser, which use the official SNES VC emulator, since they're both compatible, unlike the SA1 and Super FX games.

Last edited by CodyMitchel2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-