ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Matbo87 posted a new stable release

v1.51

Features

• Theme option: add Dark mode and RetroArch theme (#4) (d343ca6)
  • File menu: adjust navigation pattern + provide more options in file menu tab (#4) (d343ca6, ea2cd3f)
    • Going up a directory by pressing B
    • Option to set a default starting folder
    • Delete game option
    • Random game option
  • Pause screen: show a decent pause screen when menu is open during gameplay (4c9f3ec)

Bug Fixes

• O2DS: fix crash on O2DS (and probably O3DS as well) when saving SRAM (#2) (02788b1)

Code Refactoring

• Menu: reduce redundant code + preserve selected item index per tab (493c1a2, 4d6378a)
  • Dialogs: remove unnecessary animations for a snappier appearance (2bb82c6)
  • Second screen content: clean up + prevent flickering when info dialog appears/disappears (c1899df)

https://github.com/matbo87/snes9x_3ds/releases

Edit: just saw that matbo87 has just written here at the same time. Credits to him.

BeavisMacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game performance should actually not become worse compared to v1.45. Did a different frameskip setting already solved it? Disabling SRAM Auto-Save Delay could also help. If the problem still persists, you may want to create an issue at github/matbo87/snes9x_3ds/issues with more information (which smw hack, reproducible steps, etc.)

Regarding Retrogramer02's changes:
I haven't noticed any performance gain. Demanding games like Yoshi's island (intro) or Doom on my N3DS run just as well as before (still poor). So I'm rather sceptical that these changes will bring any improvement.
I borrowed a spare 2ds and played them side by side with the same settings (1.45 and 1.5)...I think it was just in my head. :wacko:
However, the new 1.51 release crashes on old 2ds and old 3ds xl when you touch to open settings from in game. Works fine on new 3ds!
BTW, thanks for further refining SNES9x on this platform. Your work really set it over the top!

Here's the dump from the geriatric model:
https://files.catbox.moe/59cxkt.dmp

matbo87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I borrowed a spare 2ds and played them side by side with the same settings (1.45 and 1.5)...I think it was just in my head. :wacko:
However, the new 1.51 release crashes on old 2ds and old 3ds xl when you touch to open settings from in game. Works fine on new 3ds!
BTW, thanks for further refining SNES9x on this platform. Your work really set it over the top!

There is already an issue regarding the O3DS/O2DS crash on v1.51. github/matbo87/snes9x_3ds/issues/11
It's quite challenging for me to find the cause. I can only test on N3DS and N2DS and analyzing the crash dump properly is beyond my programming skills. In the end it's often trial and error. But your comment about the crash occuring when you open the settings during gameplay already helps a little.

bddiddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse my ignorance, I am a noob. I am currently running version 1.30 and want to update using the CIA. I just recently modded my device and haven't had experience in updating any software on it so I'm uncertain on the proper method of updating.

Does the CIA install over the old version, or will I need to uninstall the old version first? Any guidance is appreciated! It may seem evident but I like to double and triple check so I don't mess up anything.

BeavisMacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse my ignorance, I am a noob. I am currently running version 1.30 and want to update using the CIA. I just recently modded my device and haven't had experience in updating any software on it so I'm uncertain on the proper method of updating.

Does the CIA install over the old version, or will I need to uninstall the old version first? Any guidance is appreciated! It may seem evident but I like to double and triple check so I don't mess up anything.
Go ahead. It has the same "Title ID" (xxxx384900) so it installs over the old version. You can revert back just as easily if needed.

Reactions: bddiddy

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is already an issue regarding the O3DS/O2DS crash on v1.51. github/matbo87/snes9x_3ds/issues/11
It's quite challenging for me to find the cause. I can only test on N3DS and N2DS and analyzing the crash dump properly is beyond my programming skills. In the end it's often trial and error. But your comment about the crash occuring when you open the settings during gameplay already helps a little.
Hello @matbo87 are you taking over this SNES9x_3DS for bubble2k16? iI want to say that it was nice job of input thumbnails, bezels, cover on bottom screen. I noticed at v1.51.1 recently release there is missing 4:3 i do not like stretch 4:3 fit so you can see whole bezels with game in the tv screen. I might well downgrade back to where you can adjust your screen. thanks for reading.

Never mind Im rusty with 3ds i found screen setting in while game when pause game go to setting select 'No Stretch' now it look perfect for bezels and last question are your bezels sizes will work with retroarch in 3DS because i tried the normal size 1920x760 something like that. it didnt come out ok look like screen got waved out like melt. Ill go ahead try your size 400x240 bezels. Where i get the Bezels from The Bezels project you can find on Facebook page. They hav great ton bezels for all console and Handleheld. Thanks again

Last edited by FanNintendo,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have worked some bezels and bottom screen to make it look good so far I got from # to D bezels. Here for sample what it look like . Red written on top what scale is preview. I will try finish soon as possible

Attachments

• 20240117_184648.jpg
    20240117_184648.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240117_184155.jpg
    20240117_184155.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: matbo87

Nintendoswitchmodfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know a way to turn off the backlight for the screen not being used? I am playing using the bottom screen and it would be legendary if I could turn off the backlight for the top screen.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyone know a way to turn off the backlight for the screen not being used? I am playing using the bottom screen and it would be legendary if I could turn off the backlight for the top screen.

Don't play in the botton screen if possible, not only is the one that gets damaged the most so it tends to get full on scratches but it also has lower video quality.

I don't think the 3DS has a hidden option to turn off the back light but you can tone down the brightness in settings.

Nintendoswitchmodfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't play in the botton screen if possible, not only is the one that gets damaged the most so it tends to get full on scratches but it also has lower video quality.

I don't think the 3DS has a hidden option to turn off the back light but you can tone down the brightness in settings.
Lucky for me I have a screen protector on the bottom screen. Wish I could turn off the backlight for the screens in the luma Menu, might be the only way to do it really.

matbo87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@matbo87
Thank you for your efforts. It would be even better if you could add zip support and CarlosEFML's Input Redirection support.

zip support is not planned. see my answer at github/matbo87/snes9x_3ds/issues/8 (I'm still not allowed to provide proper links here, sorry)
I personally don't like the Input redirection approach. Playing on a handheld with an external controller just doesn't feel right. ;)

Reactions: ber71 and Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto