Gaming SNES games likely coming to Nintendo Switch Online

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doubt it's easier, but that's all that's inside, so it's nothing special in terms of hardware.

No, I know. I'm just very cynical in NOA and have absolutely no faith in their handling of classic games on Switch. Even the Wii U offerings were better, despite having inferior emulation.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, I know. I'm just very cynical in NOA and have absolutely no faith in their handling of classic games on Switch. Even the Wii U offerings were better, despite having inferior emulation.
I paid $20 for a year of online Smash, everything else is just a nice little extra cherry on top. If PS4 had a multiplayer-focused exclusive that was as good as Smash, I'd probably be willing to pay for PSPlus too, but it has virtually zero multiplayer-focused exclusives, and everything else I can play online on PC without a subscription cost.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That is some interesting stuff. I'm gonna say with 95% certainty that it's not two new Classic consoles. Why? Because while N64 is doable, GameCube would simply cost too much to produce to make it worthwhile for consumers and Nintendo alike.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That is some interesting stuff. I'm gonna say with 95% certainty that it's not two new Classic consoles. Why? Because while N64 is doable, GameCube would simply cost too much to produce to make it worthwhile for consumers and Nintendo alike.
they would have to sell shield tvs to do gamecube hd so yeah nothing they can do for 100$.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every business wants your money. All I'm saying is that you've given them a lot more of your money by buying a SNES Classic than I did by giving them couch change for a year of online.

I dont mind for SNES Classic and they can have my money but SNES Online ? NEVER. They are being silly.

still waiting for an n64 classic really.

Actually, I dont liked N64 at all. Not great games. Had one and sold it a long time ago. Disappointment, really.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid $20 for a year of online Smash, everything else is just a nice little extra cherry on top. If PS4 had a multiplayer-focused exclusive that was as good as Smash, I'd probably be willing to pay for PSPlus too, but it has virtually zero multiplayer-focused exclusives, and everything else I can play online on PC without a subscription cost.

I don't like online on Nintendo consoles, it's always been a lagfest despite having a 250 mbps connection.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Almost two years and still no snes games on Switch? Yes Nintendo, people will wait to play those beloved games on Switch instead of downloading an emulator which runs on a 2000s PC without trouble.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't like online on Nintendo consoles, it's always been a lagfest despite having a 250 mbps connection.
I get the occasional laggy player, maybe one out of every ten at most, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. It's getting harder and harder to find games with dedicated servers, just about everything is P2P now. Paying a higher subscription cost isn't going to fix that.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the occasional laggy player, maybe one out of every ten at most, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. It's getting harder and harder to find games with dedicated servers, just about everything is P2P now. Paying a higher subscription cost isn't going to fix that.

No wonder it sucks, P2P isn't that reliable.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No wonder it sucks, P2P isn't that reliable.
It's apparently reliable enough to be used in the vast majority of games with multiplayer. Like I said, very few games still use dedicated servers, and most of them are on PC. Sony is no better than Nintendo in this regard, and neither is Microsoft. P2P saves them money, so they use it.

Reactions: Kioku

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's apparently reliable enough to be used in the vast majority of games with multiplayer. Like I said, very few games still use dedicated servers, and most of them are on PC. Sony is no better than Nintendo in this regard, and neither is Microsoft. P2P saves them money, so they use it.
Maybe my cynicism just gets in the way. To be honest I've only played Smash locally with a bunch of people.

Reactions: Xzi

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont mind for SNES Classic and they can have my money but SNES Online ? NEVER. They are being silly.

Actually, I dont liked N64 at all. Not great games. Had one and sold it a long time ago. Disappointment, really.
Understandable. the N64 was a failure by many metrics, it had a limited number of system sellers and was overshadowed by the PSX thanks to it having FMV cutscenes, better music, and being able to fit much longer games.
One area where it excelled though was in 3D platformers. The PSX didn't have anything that could compete with Banjo and certainly not anything that could compete with Super Mario 64 when that first came out. SM64 was the first of its kind, groundbreaking in every way even though it's far from perfect for today's standards. That was soon followed by other similar games that did an equally good job or better, but even to this day, it's hard for companies to live up to Banjo or Conker when it comes to 3D paltformers.
I still love the N64 personally, I grew up with it and as a kid the graphics were mind blowing, but if you didn't grow up playing it, it would understandably not be amazing and would show its flaws much more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!