Homebrew [SNEmulDS] Rebirth the project and update it for the last DKP

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the reports Mbmax...

Now i have a doubt... Will the improvements benefit DS Lite too? I own one and now i'm confused about the DSi thing you mentioned

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of the benefit to port this emulator to the last dev kit pro is to be able to use it in dsi mode.
Of course it will be improved for the ds mode too, don't worry. ;)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is a lot of asm code in snemulds, i doubt it's that easy to port the code from ARM to MIPS but i'm not a coder so i can't be 100% sure. ;)

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Perhaps if the authors of the "ndssfc" Snes emulator for DSTwo could be contacted and if they were asked about supporting this project to replace their current and obsolete emulator, then i think there would be a chance of getting further on this option (of using the extra CPU power of the DSTwo)

But it's just an assumption

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Perhaps if the authors of the "ndssfc" Snes emulator for DSTwo could be contacted and if they were asked about supporting this project to replace their current and obsolete emulator, then i think there would be a chance of getting further on this option (of using the extra CPU power of the DSTwo)

But it's just an assumption

Not gonna happen. NDSSFC is from chinese Team Supercard, which have basically abandoned their emulators long time ago. BaseAceGold made his modification to ndssfc, but also abandoned the snes emulator. You can ask him here via PN if he wants to help. And Shadauxcat who wrote CATSFC got a job at Bioware.

Also I'm not sure if it's a good idea if snemulds uses the CPU of the DStwo because this could possibly result in those annoying input-output delays.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can someone please compile latest revision (fa82f1f4daf3) for me? http://code.google.com/p/snemuldsx/source/detail?r=fa82f1f4daf3a108c9605106919121d096c455ff

@[member='LeonardoF.Matheus']: Yes, he is registered here.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh, thank you for your quick report FIX94... Can you test the (JU) version too? Sorry for bothering you but i'm at work now, but i'm crazy to check it out lol

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to add, FIX94 i tried your binary with Sudokuhax and i was able to get further than 0.6 WIP2, but as soon as i select a rom, the game freezes, it works on my Acekard 2i, but it's slower than the older releases. Also, i haven't noticed layer priority improvements, but i couldn't test many games. But nevertheless, it's great to see people working again on this emu, thank you guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one