Homebrew Smealum, Creator of Portal DS/Aperture Science, has hacked the 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as most of the people here don't give a flying f**k about AP here..... Until AP can be done in such a way that can't be circumvented, most people aren't going to care about that, the legalities/illegalities of dumping ROMs. :creep: AP isn't going to stop people from finding a way.

so dont download this ROM, game stop and best buy are where you belong

Reactions: Ericthegreat

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Funny song. But you should probably read that thread Rydian made about the myths of piracy.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/piracy-common-myths.344858/

Plain and simple, many people don't care about the DMCA, the copyright laws, what's legal about using emulators, etc. People will keep on doing it no matter what. AP never stopped people before and it sure as hell isn't gonna stop them anytime soon. I will say my piece now, I'm one of those people who doesn't give a tin schilling. There.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because Nintendo will up an cancel pokemon because a hack that allows few people to do a tiny bit on an old firmware?

He believes he might be able to pirate Pokémon then. OR he thinks it works on the latest firmware. Pirates are so fucking desperate ;O;

A bit off topic, but do you guys feel good when pirating a game? I always feel bad when I do it.(When I buy the game I feel all good.) it could be my problem tho.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Benshannon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me tell you what companies think about AP.

ku-medium.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let me tell you what companies think about AP.

ku-medium.gif

What is your point? That piracy is good because it means someone doesn't get paid for doing their job?
The console market isn't doing particularly well right now. They could do with something that prints money.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One question does this guy actually plan to release something or is he another cock tease?
As of now he plans to release nothing, simply because there is nothing to release. As was already said, this is useless without a library, and the people who have the skill to make said library can get code running themselves.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What is your point? That piracy is good because it means someone doesn't get paid for doing their job?
The console market isn't doing particularly well right now. They could do with something that prints money.

Please don't be ridiculous - piracy has existed long before the console market or even computers in general have. Before games, people copied music (tapes, CD's, now mp3's and other storage formats), books (by re-writing by hand in libraries, xerocopying, scanning - hell, even taking photographs of pages) or art (again, thank god for photography, but you also have to include reproductions made by hand) and they're not going to stop anytime soon.

Piracy is not this sudden new thing they have to face that popped up with the dawn of the Internet - piracy was always there, it was always a part of the equation. The methods may have changed, but the principle remains the same. The scale may have increased, but so did the popularity of video games and the sales of both games and consoles.

Hell, piracy actually popularized platforms and video games in general in the past. I'll have you know that the main treat of the evening on most Commodore conventions was sharing or copying tapes with games and demos, except back then anyone could write some code for the platform and just release it and it'd work - now everybody's scared that if I want to make a doodle demo it clearly means that I'm going to either hijack other people's online accounts or, the horror, pirate games. :rolleyes:

tl;dr Everything in nature balances out, including the sales-to-piracy ratio.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
just like their "stability improvements" arent anti-piracy measures

Correlation does not equal causation. What you're practically saying is that Nintendo is now using higher-capacity cartridges/discs on their systems not because the games "got bigger" but because they're fearful of pirates. The save chip is different because it had to be different to support the game and that's really all there is to it. When "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" was still on the drawing board and was being developed with SLC-NAND in mind, The Gateway didn't even exist, hence it's not an Anti-Piracy measure and it was never designed to be one.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because Nintendo will up an cancel pokemon because a hack that allows few people to do a tiny bit on an old firmware?

I honestly don't get why people are fanatic over the new pkm games. Take pkm red, reskin it, change out a few keywords, and for all intents and purposes you have pkm x. The core mechanics haven't changed since the first iteration of the game.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Correlation does not equal causation. What you're practically saying is that Nintendo is now using higher-capacity cartridges/discs on their systems not because the games "got bigger" but because they're fearful of pirates. The save chip is different because it had to be different to support the game and that's really all there is to it. When "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" was still on the drawing board and was being developed with SLC-NAND in mind, The Gateway didn't even exist, hence it's not an Anti-Piracy measure and it was never designed to be one.

yeaah i know but the hit two birds with one stone

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeaah i know but the hit two birds with one stone
I suppose you're right, they were pretty lucky with the technological choice since now it's the only game incompatible with Gateway (at least for now). :P That being said, I don't think SLC-NAND will be used very often purely on the basis of how scarce it is. It's difficult to manufacture large quantities of cartridges when the resources are very limited and nobody's going to set additional assembly lines just because Nintendo wants a couple more exotic chips.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly don't get why people are fanatic over the new pkm games. Take pkm red, reskin it, change out a few keywords, and for all intents and purposes you have pkm x. The core mechanics haven't changed since the first iteration of the game.

How many sequels do usually change core mechanics? Generally sequels come with minor improvements to core mechanics, whilst new game features are added, a new story and new challenges. Granted, Pokemon has seen a lot of sequels, which is why I usually pick one up every couple of generations or so (I didn't bother with Black/White and Black/White 2).

Reactions: EZ-Megaman and NEP

loco365

Trophies
XP
Snealum did science. And made a 3DS flip shit.

But yeah. Hopefully this becomes something bigger. Like making some kind of 3DS library or something for homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: