Akira Toriyama, creator of Dragon Ball, and artist for Dragon Quest, has passed away

Untitled.png

Famous and beloved manga creator Akira Toriyama has passed away at the age of 68. According to an official blog post made by Bird Studio--Toriyama's manga company--he passed away on March 1st, of an acute subdural hematoma. He was known for a wide variety of works, most notably as the creator of the Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump manga series, and having an influential affect on the industry. Toriyama also contributed as an art director and character designer for video games such as the Dragon Quest Series, Chrono Trigger, Blue Dragon, and more. He had several projects both announced and unannounced that he was currently working on, including the anime Dragon Ball Daima, and a video game based on a manga series, Sand Land.

:arrow: Source

IssMare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I still have no words. I owe part of my childhood to Dragon Quest(Warrior back then), of course DB and DBZ we part of it too that we shared in my neighborhood.
I'm happy I got to live in the same time period he did.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
There's an end to everything and wanting to dodge that truth is unhealthy. It's sad but that's life. Nothing lasts forever.

I am dreading what will become of the DB franchise from now on. Well it has already jumped the shark with Dragon Ball Super sadly, but we can now expect tons and tons of spin-offs and whatnot I guess...
I hope we a get a big budget live action series. Like a huge budget, bring the world as it looked in the manga and anime to life. Minus the filler.

• Wow
Reactions: Ligeia

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hope we a get a big budget live action series. Like a huge budget, bring the world as it looked in the manga and anime to life. Minus the filler.
Please don’t, we don’t need that shit

Reactions: Xzi

K3-ICHI-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa

Famous and beloved manga creator Akira Toriyama has passed away at the age of 68. According to an official blog post made by Bird Studio--Toriyama's manga company--he passed away on March 1st, of an acute subdural hematoma. He was known for a wide variety of works, most notably as the creator of the Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump manga series, and having an influential affect on the industry. Toriyama also contributed as an art director and character designer for video games such as the Dragon Quest Series, Chrono Trigger, Blue Dragon, and more. He had several projects both announced and unannounced that he was currently working on, including the anime Dragon Ball Daima, and a video game based on a manga series, Sand Land.

https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816

:arrow: Source
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Matt-Hias

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Akira, Thank you for that beautiful story you left us; of values and humanity. I'm sad about that, just like everything in Chile South America and I mean everyone in Chile...Akira. Thank you, Son Goku for saving our planet, Now it's fine in the other world... May God have him in his holy kingdom...

Matt-Hias

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's true, the end of the original manga was the death of Son Goku, asking that they not resurrect him. He was very dignified not to cause more problems on Earth and said goodbye.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true, the end of the original manga was the death of Son Goku, asking that they not resurrect him. He was very dignified not to cause more problems on Earth and said goodbye.
Goku is the face of the franchise so when his VA retires or passes away they'll probably announce the new voice actor. :/

Masako Nozawa is Goku. Trying to change that is impossible.

Real or not... Akira Toriyama son named SASUKE TORIYAMA, will be next owner of Dragon Ball franchise....

:unsure:

Okay, what does it actually mean for Dragon Ball? Does he care about it like his father did?

Reactions: urbanman2004

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Daima to me looks like Dragon Ball GT2 so I'm looking forward to it.
i'm completely the opposite. i thought they were going to continue super with the moro arc. was absolutely gutted when i heard about this i fucking hated GT not to mention half the fucking episodes were missing when it was first released...

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm completely the opposite. i thought they were going to continue super with the moro arc. was absolutely gutted when i heard about this i fucking hated GT not to mention half the fucking episodes were missing when it was first released...
That was FUNimation's fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup