KannaHime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello to all that read this,

Pretty much as the title states my Smash Bros. 3DS save will be corrupt if I rename the rom file from .3ds to .3dz. Perhaps I did something else wrong though that was the last step that would make it corrupt.

I did the following:

- Starting all over I went with formatting completely though the 3DS config.
- Reinstalled GateWay from the start.
- Went with the NAND format method to get firmware 9.2.0-20E under GateWay mode. (Official firmware is still 4.5.0-0E)
- Updated Smash to 1.0.4 through the eshop.
- Game worked fine up to this point so far including save.
- Renamed the rom to .3gz to play online which I haven't done yet. (Didn't feel ready yet...)
- Booting the game will claim the save file is corrupt.

I was unable to find other info on savegames that would corrupt after merely renaming the extension of the roms. Maybe it's just this game specific.

I don't know if it's relevant but the Smash rom is a dump of my own game.

Thanks in advance,

KannaHime

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can't use a .3ds save with a .3dz rom, you'll have to start over if you want to play online.
Also, don't forget your .3dz rom needs a header. You can read more here.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you made a backup? if yes, could you check if you backup is working by changing the rom extension back to .3ds?

Kurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use a .3ds save with a .3dz rom, you'll have to start over if you want to play online.
Also, don't forget your .3dz rom needs a header. You can read more here.

Since it's a dump from his personal copy, it'll already have a header. But yeah, changing it to .3dz means you can't use the old save. :-(

KannaHime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank for all your responses and clearing this out. Guess I'll have to start over. =(

I do have one other question, in the main menu of Smash at the bottom it has this notification thing when you press Y. It will claim update 1.0.4 is available. While that's what it's running on. Is this normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...