Smarty Pants back up issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rice923, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

Smarty Pants back up issue by Rice923 at 6:18 AM (1,524 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Rice923
    OP

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I recently downloaded a backup of Smarty Pants by the Dagger group for ntsc U, but I'm a bit confused when I open the folder. I usually unrar the archives within the folder after downloading a backup, but for Smarty Pants there are no archives. Instead, it's a bunch of files that end in .001 .002 .003 .004 etc all the way up to .089. There is also a .sfv file too. Basically, what do I do with these files in order to obtain the final ISO that I burn?

2. spirited

Newcomer spirited Advanced Member

United States
    EXTRACT any of those file and it'll extract the iso out for you

3. Rice923
    OP

United States
    I'm familiar with extracting archives, but these are just plain files. There is nothing to extract.

4. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    No, they really are archives.

[​IMG]

5. Rice923
    OP

United States
    Do these files require some other program to unrar them if they are archives? Because I have winrar, which lets me unrar the archives of other games, where as these Smarty Pants file don't even have the option "extract files" when I right click any of them.

6. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Just click "Open With" and use WinRAR [​IMG]

7. Rice923
    OP

United States
    I think we can post links to just pictures on the forum. Please tell me if we're not allowed to so I can remove the link.

http://rice923.angelfire.com/Smarty_Pants_Pic.bmp

So that is what it looks like when I make an attempt to unrar the Smarty Pants files (left side). On the right side is a Guitar Hero III backup, where the contents within the folder are clearly archives. I selected multiple files to unrar for both games, but they don't seem to work the same way. I don't even have the option "Open With" for the Smarty Pants files. For the Guitar Hero III files, I just select the archives and extract files. I hope the picture helps to clearify my question and situation. This is the second time I've downloaded the Smarty Pants backup, so I'm beginning to get frustrated with it. Thanks so far for the replies btw.

Edit: Nvm link doesn't work... anyone know how host a pic so I can show you guys?

Edit 2: New link

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/Ri...rtyPantsPic.jpg

8. HaTaX

Member HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Open up winrar from the start menu, then in winrar click file -> open. Browse to where the files are kept and if you don't see them listed, down at the bottom of the open file window select the file type to be all or "*.*" Then select the 001 file and it should open the archive then.

The person that made the archive just changed the file extensions, but they're still an archive.

9. Rice923
    OP

United States
    Everything went well until I got the last step. After selecting the 001 file (or any other), a message saying "The archive is either unknown format or damaged." I kind of feel that it's just an unknown format, and that I need another program to recognize the files.

10. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
  11. Rice923
    OP

United States
    Everything seems to be working so far with this program. Had the files joined and it's all in one iso now. All I need to do is burn and see if it works. Thanks a lot for the help!