Gaming Smarty Pants back up issue

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently downloaded a backup of Smarty Pants by the Dagger group for ntsc U, but I'm a bit confused when I open the folder. I usually unrar the archives within the folder after downloading a backup, but for Smarty Pants there are no archives. Instead, it's a bunch of files that end in .001 .002 .003 .004 etc all the way up to .089. There is also a .sfv file too. Basically, what do I do with these files in order to obtain the final ISO that I burn?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
No, they really are archives.

mellow.gif

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:

mellow.gif

Do these files require some other program to unrar them if they are archives? Because I have winrar, which lets me unrar the archives of other games, where as these Smarty Pants file don't even have the option "extract files" when I right click any of them.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rice923 said:
arctic_flame said:

mellow.gif

Do these files require some other program to unrar them if they are archives? Because I have winrar, which lets me unrar the archives of other games, where as these Smarty Pants file don't even have the option "extract files" when I right click any of them.
Just click "Open With" and use WinRAR
smile.gif

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we can post links to just pictures on the forum. Please tell me if we're not allowed to so I can remove the link.

http://rice923.angelfire.com/Smarty_Pants_Pic.bmp

So that is what it looks like when I make an attempt to unrar the Smarty Pants files (left side). On the right side is a Guitar Hero III backup, where the contents within the folder are clearly archives. I selected multiple files to unrar for both games, but they don't seem to work the same way. I don't even have the option "Open With" for the Smarty Pants files. For the Guitar Hero III files, I just select the archives and extract files. I hope the picture helps to clearify my question and situation. This is the second time I've downloaded the Smarty Pants backup, so I'm beginning to get frustrated with it. Thanks so far for the replies btw.

Edit: Nvm link doesn't work... anyone know how host a pic so I can show you guys?

Edit 2: New link

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/Ri...rtyPantsPic.jpg

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open up winrar from the start menu, then in winrar click file -> open. Browse to where the files are kept and if you don't see them listed, down at the bottom of the open file window select the file type to be all or "*.*" Then select the 001 file and it should open the archive then.

The person that made the archive just changed the file extensions, but they're still an archive.

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
Open up winrar from the start menu, then in winrar click file -> open. Browse to where the files are kept and if you don't see them listed, down at the bottom of the open file window select the file type to be all or "*.*" Then select the 001 file and it should open the archive then.

The person that made the archive just changed the file extensions, but they're still an archive.

Everything went well until I got the last step. After selecting the 001 file (or any other), a message saying "The archive is either unknown format or damaged." I kind of feel that it's just an unknown format, and that I need another program to recognize the files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0