skinning problems?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by esoterica, Jan 29, 2008.

Jan 29, 2008

skinning problems? by esoterica at 8:15 PM (4,084 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have my 4 bmp files in my _system_ folder and my R4 is not picking it up. Am I suppose to do something different??

Oh and I downloaded the newest firmware and the system folder did not come with any skins or theme folders. I assume I just create them myself, which is what I did, but it's still loading up the original theme.

2. victorlammy

Newcomer victorlammy Member

New Zealand
    try push "select". It should change the theme. I put "theme01" "theme02" and 03 (you can have up to 12 themes), and use the select button to chose which one you wanna use. Can be changed any time. It it said that you can tell the system to change every month, not sure how tho.

3. victorlammy

New Zealand
    try push "select". It should change the theme. I put "theme01" "theme02" and 03 (you can have up to 12 themes) under the "theme" folder. Put the card in DS and use the select button to chose which one you wanna use. Can be changed any time. It it said that you can tell the system to change every month, not sure how tho.

4. victorlammy

New Zealand
    try push "select". It should change the theme. I put "theme01" "theme02" and 03 (you can have up to 12 themes) under the "theme" folder. Put the card in DS and use the select button to chose which one you wanna use. Can be changed any time. It it said that you can tell the system to change every month, not sure how tho.

5. esoterica
    OP

United States
    I tried the select thing, but it doesn't toggle to anything except theme1. Do I need to put my theme under a folder called theme1 under system folder? Or Themes\Theme1?

EDIT: Ok, I did something that seemed to have made it work. I just renamed the folder to theme1. Or maybe my R4 just decided to stop being stupid [​IMG]

6. victorlammy

New Zealand
    According to R4's website, (I am translating the Chinese part here, it has a bit more detail than the English version on their site, don't ask me why) the set up should be like this:
    _system_/themes/theme#

and (12>#>01). That's how I set it up, and it works.

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Holy shit triple post. You need a theme ini, otherwise it won't work.

8. victorlammy

New Zealand

Sorry about the triple post, it was the network issue. [​IMG]

9. esoterica
    OP

United States
    Thanks, that worked perfectly. I did not see these instructions before... don't think they were on the website or came with my cart.

10. victorlammy

New Zealand
    It is on R4's web, but only in the Chinese version... not sure why it is not in the English version. [​IMG]

11. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
  12. esoterica
    OP

United States
    Hooray NDSthemes is back!!! Finally, I've been dying to get some nice new skins

13. striderx

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pay attention as you scroll through your themes. If you have 12, then you'll have to scroll through 13 to get back to the beginning. That "13th" theme that repeats is actually the automatic setting that will change the theme every month.

striderx

14. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Lol, me too. Downloaded like 50 skins for my Cyclo, which I just had to get while it was down.

And the automatic theme changes monthly, like striderx said, and it uses your theme01 for January, theme02 for February and so on.