Homebrew Misc R4 Text Not Displaying

CloroxAndAmonea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all. I come to you in a time of need. My darkest hour if you will. I was in the middle of a Pokémon Black run with an R4 card I just bought off Amazon (loving it btw very cool tech) and my ds was about to die. I used another ds and when I opened the menu all of the game titles were blank and all of the other menus are blank. This would not be a problem except I may have had a few cheats on and would like to turn them off at some point. Also I would like to enable others at some point.

Anywho, I looked around for about an hour and this seems to be an issue. I tried reformatting the drive. Nada. Tried messing with the config folder. Won't even let me edit it. I tried redownloading the R4 software that a text file said to do. Nope.

All the threads seem kinda dated so was just tryna see if there is anyway I can get some suggestions or am I screwed. I have my save folder from my Pokémon Black play through saved on my laptop just in case and I have another microsd card that I thought I needed originally to make the R4 work but it came with one so whatever. Sorry in advance.

Kiss kiss 😘😘😘

Attachments

• IMG_8247.jpeg
    IMG_8247.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8244.jpeg
    IMG_8244.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8245.jpeg
    IMG_8245.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8248.jpeg
    IMG_8248.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you get one of those multi-carts from AliExpress or something? If so, then I highly recommend replacing the SD card with a genuine SanDisk or some other branded SD card, as long as it comes from a trusted retailer.

These Chinese microSD cards never last long; often have a fake capacity that what it was advertised as, and overtime it can stop working.

CloroxAndAmonea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all. I come to you in a time of need. My darkest hour if you will. I was in the middle of a Pokémon Black run with an R4 card I just bought off Amazon (loving it btw very cool tech) and my ds was about to die. I used another ds and when I opened the menu all of the game titles were blank and all of the other menus are blank. This would not be a problem except I may have had a few cheats on and would like to turn them off at some point. Also I would like to enable others at some point.

Anywho, I looked around for about an hour and this seems to be an issue. I tried reformatting the drive. Nada. Tried messing with the config folder. Won't even let me edit it. I tried redownloading the R4 software that a text file said to do. Nope.

All the threads seem kinda dated so was just tryna see if there is anyway I can get some suggestions or am I screwed. I have my save folder from my Pokémon Black play through saved on my laptop just in case and I have another microsd card that I thought I needed originally to make the R4 work but it came with one so whatever. Sorry in advance.

Kiss kiss 😘😘😘
Update, I got my other sd card and just moved over my files for pokemon black along with putting new firmware on it. It works fine. Go watch DNA Mobile Gaming, he seems to be pretty knowledgeable in the topic. What a funny word took me a minute to spell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto