Sick of Piracy nazi's hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
You honestly have no clue of the definition of a hypocrite, but that aside, if piracy were introduced this early in the 3DS' life, it will die, meaning that you will have little to no games to pirate anyway. It would hurt the pirates as much as it would hurt anyone else, and you are too dense and stubborn to stop pointing fingers saying "LOLZ U DO ITZ TOO SHUT UPZ" to realize that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason people pirate is because it's free shit. Often times most things you pirate aren't essential and are just entertainment. Music, movies, games, whatever. If you think you're pirating because you're "sticking it to the man" or something then you're just a douche.

I pirate a lot and I do it because I don't want to spend money on stuff. I have no moral backing for it.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's not about justification. It's about giving the system a chance this early in it's lifetime.
It's "don't pirate the new system now", then goes downloads a psx / n64 / ds game.
not, "don't pirate the psx", then goes downloads a psx game.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
You honestly have no clue of the definition of a hypocrite, but that aside, if piracy were introduced this early in the 3DS' life, it will die, meaning that you will have little to no games to pirate anyway. It would hurt the pirates as much as it would hurt anyone else, and you are too dense and stubborn to stop pointing fingers saying "LOLZ U DO ITZ TOO SHUT UPZ" to realize that.
QUOTE said:
It's not about justification. It's about giving the system a chance this early in it's lifetime.
However, I wish the 3DS won't be hacked anytime soon, why? Well as the catboy says: Give the handheld a fair chance first! Buy the games, enjoy the console as it is, and provide ground for publishers and developers to continue developing and publishing awesome stuff.

Because piracy killed the NDS, right? It's not like its the second best selling game console of all time or anything.

Oh wait.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Nothing to see here, folks. Just Urza. Everyone move along now...
I'll take that as a concession that your argument has no merit.

EDIT: I see you threw in an insult as well. Classy.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip

My point was completely legitimate. The NDS is one of the most successful consoles of all time, with a huge library and immense developer support despite piracy existing very early in its life span.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Urza said:
TwinRetro said:
Nothing to see here, folks. Just Urza. Everyone move along now...
I'll take that as a concession that your argument has no merit.

Nope, just threads seem to get locked whenever you stroll through them.

Then it must be coincidence.

Honestly, Urza may not sugar-coat everything he posts but he backs up his saying with facts. I've been chewed out by him on more than one occasion but at least I can realize that he's a smart guy.

That's me sucking up for today.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
rofl.gif

How early was ds privacy and how cheaper is it to make games for vs 3DS.
unsure.gif

QUOTE(princefarzan @ Mar 28 2011, 02:07 PM) I'm with OP 100%. If your a pirate your a pirate, I don't want to hear your excuses or why you pirated it or how it's not available in your region, your a pirate. End of story. It's like telling someone not to do drugs while your doing it. You want to be a preacher? Then stop pirating 100% and stop giving excuses as to why your pirating, I don't want to hear your justifications as I've heard them all before.
You compared piracy to doing drugs...

OK then who is it hurting if you pirate a game never coming to your region?

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
rofl.gif

How early was ds privacy and how cheaper is it to make games for vs 3DS.
unsure.gif

QUOTE(princefarzan @ Mar 28 2011, 02:07 PM) I'm with OP 100%. If your a pirate your a pirate, I don't want to hear your excuses or why you pirated it or how it's not available in your region, your a pirate. End of story. It's like telling someone not to do drugs while your doing it. You want to be a preacher? Then stop pirating 100% and stop giving excuses as to why your pirating, I don't want to hear your justifications as I've heard them all before.
You compare piracy to doing drugs...

The company. If you are preaching against piracy and wanted to go 100% clean then if a game is not coming in your region, buy the console in the region (if it's region locked) and buy the game in that region by importing it. End of story. Can't afford that? Stop being a hypocrite and admit your no better then the guy beside you pirating anything he sees.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
You compared piracy to doing drugs...

Technically they're both illegal.

And you're hurting anybody who works at companies that specialize in imports and the developer/publisher who makes the game.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
And here's a guy that sees everything as black and white.

Let me tell you, bud...When you step into the real world there is no such thing. almost everything is contained in a gray area. (Directed @ farzan)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
princefarzan said:
The company. If you are preaching against piracy and wanted to go 100% clean then if a game is not coming in your region, buy the console in the region (if it's region locked) and buy the game in that region by importing it. End of story. Can't afford that? Stop being a hypocrite and admit your no better then the guy beside you pirating anything he sees.
If the company is hurting so badly they shouldn't have it region or bring it over here.

I think they doing just fine.

Do you even import games?

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:

QUOTEYou honestly have no clue of the definition of a hypocrite

Care to explain why you think that? It's pretty obvious my points where infact pointing out hypocrisy that's going around gbatemp, even catboy and others agreed. It's nice when you claim someone doesn't know the definition of something without explaining why you think that.

The people talking about how it's bad pirating at the start of a consoles life but not later are wrong. Let's take Capcom they probably sold a shit load of super street fighter at launch. Everyone bought it as it's a launch title. In 2 year Capcom decide "hey they all loved our street fighter, let's make another" We all pirate it. Capcom loses a lot of sales due to piracy, they decide there won't be another street fighter on ds when they where going to do it if it sold well.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Urza said:
TwinRetro said:
QUOTE said:
However, I wish the 3DS won't be hacked anytime soon, why? Well as the catboy says: Give the handheld a fair chance first! Buy the games, enjoy the console as it is, and provide ground for publishers and developers to continue developing and publishing awesome stuff.

Because piracy killed the NDS, right? It's not like its the second best selling game console of all time or anything.

Oh wait.

Umm, nope, didn't say that. Besides, first flashcards for the ds wasn't as easy to come by, use and all for the average 12 year olds. you had to have a pass-me (build your own or buy a pre-made) a bought game and a gba-flashcart. and also, it didn't come right away either.
people are talking about "don't pirate it right away" in the context of people wanting a flashcard for a system that came out yesterday.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Umm, nope, didn't say that. Besides, first flashcards for the ds wasn't as easy to come by, use and all for the average 12 year olds. you had to have a pass-me (build your own or buy a pre-made) a bought game and a gba-flashcart. and also, it didn't come right away either.
people are talking about "don't pirate it right away" in the context of people wanting a flashcard for a system that came out yesterday.
So waiting 6 months makes the difference some how?

I would love to hear you explain why.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urza said:
Issac said:
So waiting 6 months makes the difference some how?

I would love to hear you explain why.

I'm thinking the same thing m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel