Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haflore said:
You can't actually pirate on 3DS yet...
unsure.gif

That's my point m8, there are people on Gbatemp at the moment jumping down peoples throats even if the hint at there being a 3ds flashcard. I think people forget what this site was made from.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thegame07 said:
I don't care if the system came out 2 hours ago. You are still being a hypocrite Catboy and if you can't see that you're blind. I can see you are raging when someone pulls the same piracy nazi posts on you? it's not nice is it?
Hypocrite indeed and honestly I don't think you get it. No shit I know piracy is bad and no shit I have no ground to stand on, but at the same time, I buy my games, maybe I can't buy all of them at this very moment because I don't have that much money, but at the same time I am not trying to pirate games on something that just came out on the market.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love being a pirate..I'm aware of what I'm doing and I don't care
I haven't bought one single DS game since I got my first DS flash cart

I wanted the 3DS hacked 2 months ago, so I can pirate 3DS roms now

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People pirate things. That's all I'm gonna say. If people are being hypocritical over things than don't listen to them.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I understand what the Catboy is saying.

Piracy at the start of a system's life = death.

Remember the DreamCast? Remember what happened when people found out they could burn CD-Rs and they didn't need to buy games?

I had SO MANY friends with CD-Rs of Sonic Adventure and Crazi Taxi only a half a year or so after the launch, and I see why it didn't do so hot.

You guys should be more understanding of what he is saying, instead of "OMG U R TEH PITATES OF DEEESS GAMS YOU SHUDNT TALKS"

Cause I am sure you don't want your system to loose all GOOD 3rd party support (Have nothing but shovelware.... FOREVER!)

EDIT: In case you all don't know ANYTHING about philosophy, EVERY human being is a hypocrite in some way. Whether they are conscious of it or not.

brihan00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a pirate is a pirate is a pirate. You all need to get off your high horses and anyone of you on this site is a pirate, through and through. At least I can admit I am.
angry.gif

D

Deleted-188346

Schlupi said:

Remember the DreamCast? Remember what happened when people found out they could burn CD-Rs and they didn't need to buy games?

I had SO MANY friends with CD-Rs of Sonic Adventure and Crazi Taxi only a half a year or so after the launch, and I see why it didn't do so hot.
That is entirely not the reason that the Dreamcast was a failure.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
Schlupi said:

It was probably the biggest reason.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Lets not forget, we are all here on a site that lists the latest pirated Wii/DS games. Which in some form or another is what brought most of us here in the first place.

Lets stop all the arguing!
rolleyes.gif

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes don't get me wrong. I understand his point however what I said in my first post still stands. My post isn't saying piracy doesn't damage the industry, Anyway if you pirate 3ds games in 2 years time you're still doing the same damage.

Also Let me state that this wasn't made as a flame bait post or whatever you want to call it. It would be nice to stamp out all the hypocrisy that's going around as it's ruining lots of threads. That is why I made this.

Having a debate about something doesn't make it an argument, the minute someone takes it to that level I will just ignore them. Just because I don't agree with gay little cat boy doesn't mean I hate him.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haflore said:
You can't actually pirate on 3DS yet...
unsure.gif
Yea, but people want to.

GLC Boy is coming from.

Pirate games from the past and I just happen that one game is borough from the past exactly the same

game, specially if you bought it before isn't going to really hurt the company as in pirating the new games right off the back.

(Although if you didn't have enough money, play it and then bought it later is another story.)

Yes either way pirating is bad, but it can be much worst in the time and manner you do it.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You modern DS pirates don't appreciate how easy it is.

You complain about 30 bucks for a flash cart, back in the GBA heyday they ran for 100 the cheapest. And you had to flash them, etc. wait forever...

DS is drag and drop.

You've been spoiled by DS piracy to a point of being little infants.

"OMG THIS GAME DONT WORK HURRY AND FIX IT NORMATT SUPERCARD TEAM"

"WTF? I don't wanna spend 4 dollars on Sudokuhax for DSi Mode!!!"

"Ugh Cyclo DS is overpriced"

Just so you know, when I bought my M3 Simply (first DS flashcart, JUST AN R4 in DISGUISE) it was FIFTY bucks, the same as a Cyclo DSi now.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Unless your off selling the shit you download to others, your technically not a pirate, just a copyright violator. It's the people selling clone's, flashcards, and content on discs that are the real pirates. If your just downloading DS roms cause your a kid and can't afford to buy them, then your really not hurting anyone.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thegame07 said:
Yes don't get me wrong. I understand his point however what I said in my first post still stands. My post isn't saying piracy doesn't damage the industry, Anyway if you pirate 3ds games in 2 years time you're still doing the same damage.
But at the same time, 2 years is still within the 3DS lifespan, indeed piracy is damaging at any stage, but after the systems life and all the games are no longer sold, the company doesn't gain money from it anymore and all the money goes to the store. So at the same time, buying an N64 games from your local game store is just as bad as pirating it.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Duskye said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Schlupi said:

Not really. The PS2 just dominated the market and this forced Sega out of the market. They fucked up badly on the Mega CD, 32X and Saturn which put them in a cautious position. In addition the lack of third party support was due to how quickly the left the Saturn to work on the DC. Third party developers were still working on it and were pissed off. Hence they decided to ignore the DC if memory serves me correct.

D

Deleted-188346

Duskye said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Schlupi said:

No.
It was released a year prior to the PS2, it was doomed from the beginning. Additionally, the Dreamcast had poor marketing.
Piracy has never been mentioned in relation to the Dreamcasts failure.

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
So wait, pirating a game a games company doesn't sell any more isn't any worse than pirating a game that is currently being sold. The only person piracy of old games affects is the person selling it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
Duskye said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Schlupi said:

No.
It was released a year prior to the PS2, it was doomed from the beginning. Additionally, the Dreamcast had poor marketing.
Piracy has never been mentioned in relation to the Dreamcasts failure.
It was doomed because another console was released after it? I don't see that as it being it's downfall. Piracy probably wasn't the biggest, but part of it.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Piracy didn't kill the Dreamcast, it may have caused the publishers to loose confidence in it, but back in 1999-2001 very few people had cd burners, high speed internet, or the know-how to convert their own GD-Roms to CD-rs. Dreamcast piracy didn't really get big until well after the Dreamcast was released, and by then it was already on its deathbed. Sega killed the Dreamcast, that and the PS2.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Gay Little Catboy said:
thegame07 said:
But at the same time, 2 years is still within the 3DS lifespan, indeed piracy is damaging at any stage, but after the systems life and all the games are no longer sold, the company doesn't gain money from it anymore and all the money goes to the store. So at the same time, buying an N64 games from your local game store is just as bad as pirating it.

It does. Digital downloads, don't buy N64 games from a local store, buy from the Wii shop. Especially with Technology is going, they could potentially put every game ever made up available for digital distribution. Ergo eliminating a reason to pirate old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?