Not open for further replies.

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just thought id post something regarding the politics of Piracy (specifically Nintendo Switch) or well whatever you wanna call it... im not good at typing Titles tbh.
I own a Hacked Switch and mainly use it for Homebrew personally as i dumped all my Carts and Digital Switch Software legally to play it via EmuNAND and while i can understand Piracy interms of if a Game is simply unaviable to buy like as in delisted for example has DRM or if its costs a ton of Money on the 2nd Hand Market for Example is something i 100% on when it comes to Piracy in general tho what i do not get are People that even tho they have the Money do not buy a Switch and a Game like i dont wanna sound like a "Fanboy" but i personally do not really understand such a reasoning tbh.
Like i personally can understand if you dont wanna buy it for just 1 Game or if you simply dont have the Money that is totally fair and understandable but i personally just rather buy a Console and the Game itself than Pirate it imo if i have to Money for it currently.

I am sadly not good at writing so i hope my butchered Text can be excused somehow and also be read to a degree...

• Haha
Reactions: whitesword7

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
People pirate because they can.
There's as many reasons as there are pirates.

Sometimes pirated copies (in case of PC most likely) have better performance than legit ones (thank Denuvo and other DRM shit for that!).

In case of Switch games... people pirate because it's easier and cheaper than to get a switch and dump a cart to later play the game on an emulator that offers better performance than native hardware

Nintendo won't go bankrupt because of that small percentage of players, don't cry

MochaMods

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think EA is more of a must-pirate given their wonderful policy, but whatever floats your boat
I will continue to support piracy until our governments unite to make a cohesive plan on how they intend to modernize the current copyright laws. As it stands right now copyright has made no progress in regards to the digital era. Your entire steam library doesn't even technically belong to you! So yes! Pirate it all hahahaha

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
I will continue to support piracy until our governments unite to make a cohesive plan on how they intend to modernize the current copyright laws. As it stands right now copyright has made no progress in regards to the digital era. Your entire steam library doesn't even technically belong to you! So yes! Pirate it all hahahaha
true..............

and as i said, performance is better + i can check if it will actually run on my computer before i even consider saving money to buy the game

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it's too complicated to understand. I technically have the money to buy a game, but if I can play the game for free I would rather save that money and use it on something necessary that I have to pay for, like food. Also personally I prefer to play single player games on emulator for non-piracy reasons like modding and save editing, and it's much more convenient to torrent the game instead of buying it, opening CFW, updating CFW, dumping it to PC, then switching to OFW again.

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is basically saying I’m so privilege that I can’t understand why someone would want to get something for free… wow 😂😂😂

If people can just pirate/download a car they will definitely gonna do it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Piracy is never right and one should support developers.

That being said, we've had this discussion on GBAtemp a billion times over, this thread is already on its way to become a EoF thread.
It serves no purpose other then to attract the "HuRr DuRr I AlSo Sa1L TeH 7 SeAs durrr" crowd, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been