Hacking Share Your Mario Kart 8 Mods

darkmvr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did try to make more stuff to ride on, only to be saved by Lakitu =(, is there any way to edit or delete Lakitu?

wortiemooi_zpsbwil4owq.png

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
no, you can't edit the lap path at the moment. you can remove it, but then laps won't work anymore. a mariofart tool can modify your byaml accordingly if you want to do that anyway

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow nice progress have been made !
i'm wondering, can we edit the models as of now? Are there any plugins for blender or 3dsmax to import them? (i'm guessing they are not .obj lol..)

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow nice progress have been made !
i'm wondering, can we edit the models as of now? Are there any plugins for blender or 3dsmax to import them? (i'm guessing they are not .obj lol..)

There are Blenders plugin to import models as well as KCL and BYAML files. However, we can't export models yet since they're in .bfres format and no one's really looked into it since Bean and Chadderz.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are Blenders plugin to import models as well as KCL and BYAML files. However, we can't export models yet since they're in .bfres format and no one's really looked into it since Bean and Chadderz.
Ah i see.. i giess i'il give atleast one model a try in blender, i will see where i end up hitting the wall lol..
Thanks formthe reply!

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I wrote experimental export code, but it's totally unfinished and unflexible. I would've rewamped it here and there but I don't have time nor interest in it at the moment, since someone else also attempts to write an unaffiliated plugin.

And hey, there are a lot of other people contributing much important information other than Chadderz (Bean really doesn't do anything technical and is more like the spokesperson for Chadderz) who took most information from the official Nintendo tools (those recently accessible by those signing up for the developer portal. A previous more public leak was purposefully incomplete, holding back almost all required information). Just to set those credits right.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Ray Koopa
I just played your edited battle arenas and I must say they're fantastic!!
Could you do one for "Moo Moo" too? I think there's some nice space around the area right before the goal (from the first huge jump pad until the curve before the goal)

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ye, I thought about it too. But right now I'm too bored to do it and leave that task to someone else.
Too bad I wished you would do it because you know your tools well and have it done really quick. I haven't done anything like this before :(

I really do appreciate your past work though! Thank you very much!

aleroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I was reading the thread, and I saw @Ray Koopa made a lot of mods/hacks with 300cc, 400cc, etc...

Is there any possibility to do a mod of the original game, changing 200cc Time Trials, instead of the regular 150cc? We are many people playing 200cc from the beginning, and it would be awesome if we could do some training with the ghost/gap options, to compare strats, etc...
Thanks in advance

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
good idea. to just finish it with the higher speed and upload cheated records to the same Nintendo database hosting the slower 150cc ones, right? :P

(even if I'm gay, i won't color my text in this flamboyant cancer color, so i made it blue now)

aleroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm right, the hacks (not the color mods with cafiine) only work offline. It's just a improving tool, for internal use. I really don't care about records.

Anyway, thanks

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
no they don't. they work online aswell. there's a crazy modded 300cc tournament i made privately with friends on my channel.

it's not like i don't like the idea of 200cc tt. it just has to be done separately from the general 150cc database with a private server or manually removed online access. though it's always easy to patch that back in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1