Hacking Share Your Mario Kart 8 Mods

aleroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I didn't know. Thanks again ;)

EDIT: Removing that online access is a nice idea. I guess I'll read some tutorials.

Last edited by aleroh,

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
yep, would be kinda helpful, or give a progress report if anything.
but maybe the developer is kinda clever and won't release it until it has an idiot proof state. if i remember all the stupid questions i got from people when they tested my early versions .. all stuff which they could answer themselves by just reading the few notes which were attached with it, but no...

Ok, I didn't know. Thanks again ;)

EDIT: Removing that online access is a nice idea. I guess I'll read some tutorials.
you know that also removes the comfortable ghost sharing feature which you wanted

Dreamy Luigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a noob question but: Is the "shine color" of a kart (specifically, Toad's Standard Kart at the moment) editable on the texture sheet or somewhere else? I can't find it anywhere. The old color Blue shows through when shine hits the kart body instead of it being a shiny green, green being the desired color i already edited the main body to.

Last edited by Dreamy Luigi,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, would be kinda helpful, or give a progress report if anything.
but maybe the developer is kinda clever and won't release it until it has an idiot proof state. if i remember all the stupid questions i got from people when they tested my early versions .. all stuff which they could answer themselves by just reading the few notes which were attached with it, but no...
That makes sense. Hopefully it will be based on python (or at least be compatible with Linux).

Do you know how far they are, or would they rather keep that private?

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A bit of a noob question but: Is the "shine color" of a kart (specifically, Toad's Standard Kart at the moment) editable on the texture sheet or somewhere else? I can't find it anywhere. The old color Blue shows through when shine hits the kart body instead of it being a shiny green, green being the desired color i already edited the main body to.

That's most likely because you didn't put the correct GTX Mip Number in TexHaxU while putting the textures into the BFRES.

If you did, you can edit the shine through the _spm file I think. That's how I fixed my Red Falcon texture in the past.

Reactions: Dreamy Luigi

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
That makes sense. Hopefully it will be based on python (or at least be compatible with Linux).

Do you know how far they are, or would they rather keep that private?
it's a blender add-on, just like mine. no idea why that guy started over from scratch, not like my code wasnt reusable or undocumented. if you want to convert textures you'll probably still need texconv for the most proper conversions, which is a Windows program.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Plasma816

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made Blue Tanooki Mario!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 230

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I edited all the face textures for the Female Animal Crossing character and for some stupid reason any idea how I could fix this? it's the only texture that's done this every other one is fine after injecting it it's just that one texture that's doing this.

rUtqisn.png

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I sorted out some reusable code from my .NET NintenTools library (not much yet, mostly BYAML loading and saving) and threw it into a NuGet package (targeting .NET 4.5 and .NET Standard 1.1), maybe some developers are interested. Wiki is on GitHub repository.

Required it for some new tools I'm planning to work on and simplify my hacky MarioFart tools :P

EDIT: Here's the repo for the tools, slowly getting content.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

StandardForumGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to change the Thwomp to SMW Thwomp in 3D and Modern form. It's not finished yet and I am STILL trying to get it to work. It may look like it's finished, but look harder and you will see the original Thwomp's lighting texture thingy.
Wii_U_screenshot_TV_010_EC.jpg

browntoven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Ray Koopa....you do amazing things with MK8. Can you tell us how to change the speed of a course to XXXcc? I have even converted your byaml files and I cannot for the life of me figure out where the course speed value is. I googled the death out of it. Thanks so much in advance!
SB

There are some track object mods (mostly speed and size) on my YouTube channel, nothing too special, really. But it's quite fun!
Also most music replaced and 7 laps almost everywhere.

If interested, I can upload the modified XML conversions of the track BYAMLs.

Some resized objects here:

More resized interactive objects, aggro thwomps:

400cc Baby Park

300cc SNES Rainbow Road with bigger and aggro thwomps

300cc, 350cc, 400cc and 600cc on Toad's Turnpike with correspondingly sped-up highway cars

All other tracks in 300cc

This one is a fake, but one of my goals somewhen: xD
ray_koopa_in_mario_kart_8_by_raykoopa-d90yvx0.png

browntoven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that explains why I couldn't find it :)
Is the overall speed of the game stored in a byaml file somewhere else, or it in another file type altogether? Thnx

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid discussing this always results in online abuse after all so I don't really wanna help out with that here.
Maybe someone else is chatty enough and to blame for any followup abuse.

Reactions: PabloMK7

browntoven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I was just trying to experiment in cemu, but I understand. I have seen a lot of custom maps with jacked up speeds and was curious. I thought it was something easily changed in a file along with lap numbers or something. My apologies.

Last edited by browntoven,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN