SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiU_screenshot_TV_010EC.jpg

WiiU_screenshot_TV_010EC.jpg

I did a 1-UP mushroom custom texture and a Rainbow Bullet bill :P (Not sure if gonna release Daisy)

https://mega.nz/#!zEQ3BaKa!7-8E-p4WNynDhNcZx1M3BIftgaZpA8xL4fGzuHp7RPk

Thanks to @Ink Larry for helping me! ^_^

*might update the rainbow bullet bill soon (Trademark Registered)*

Last edited by SonicCloud,
Reactions: lordelan

Mwc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Plasma816

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MK8 modding community is so big now...if anyone's taking requests for a texture mod, MAKE A PURPLE SHY GUY! :D

Sam from NL ;)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey I was making a character texture and ive edited multiple dds's but is there also a way I can convert them all 1 one file again?

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I optimized the method to remove Lakitu which would prevent you from going out of bounds. Here's a pack with all base game tracks without Lakitu, normal and 200cc: http://ray.syroot.com/mk8/no_lakitu_courses.zip
I did not test all tracks yet, if some crash, please tell me the track name!

no_lakitu_courses.jpg

NoLakitu was also updated to 1.2.0.0; it just removes EnemyPath and LapPath and Obj's having referenced them.
Technically, only LapPath limits you to go out of bounds, but they're both working so hard together I had to remove EnemyPath too.
This means the AI won't drive and that you cannot drive a lap, also AG zones are defunct as they are referenced by the LapPath. Probably helpful to prevent TT cheating with this :P

Behind the scenes, NoLakitu now operates on BYAML files directly using my newly written NintenTools API for that. Look how easy it is to remove stuff from a BYAML and create a new one:
Code:
ByamlNode byaml = ByamlNode.Load(_fileName);
// Remove all EnemyPath and LapPath instances.
byaml.Remove("EnemyPath");
byaml.Remove("LapPath");
// Remove all Obj's which required an EnemyPath or LapPath (they might crash the game without them).
for (int i = byaml["Obj"].Count - 1; i >= 0; i--)
{
    ByamlNode obj = byaml["Obj"][i];
    if (obj.Contains("Obj_LapPath") || obj.Contains("Obj_LapPoint")
        || obj.Contains("Obj_EnemyPath1") || obj.Contains("Obj_EnemyPath2"))
    {
        byaml["Obj"].Remove(obj);
    }
}
byaml.Save(_fileName);

Last edited by Ray Koopa,
Reactions: MidgeThePidge

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried doing the Baby Park course as a battle map, but I couldn't get DLC courses to work for some reason. Always crashed? Loading the model is super slow anyway so I didn't have much fun with it.

Anyway, I modified the battle BYAML of GCN Dry Dry Desert to limit the track to a smaller battle arena like section, placed all starts and item boxes in it:
desertbattle0.jpg

I wanted to make the pillars crash down at the start and block the way out of the "arena", but funnily, the fall delay parameter makes the game crash in Battle mode, so I just placed many + some funny palms.
desertbattle1.jpg

desertbattle2.jpg

desertbattle3.jpg

The water effect is still visible, but actually gone. E.g., you drive everywhere like on land. Removing the water surface needs some model or texture editing and that makes loading the custom model so slow at the moment, so I didn't care about it. It gives some nice stealth to opponents anyway if they're on the other side of the water surface!
desertbattle4.jpg

desertbattle5.jpg

desertbattle6.jpg

I also have no clue why Nintendo didn't do this. It's just different object placement of new objects, like they also did in Moo Moo Meadows or Yoshi Valley to get no ramps / ramps accessible from both ways. Probably because Battle was hax0red into the game like in the last 7 days and the track designer on holidays.

Can somebody please test how battling is on it? The CPU of course sucks with it, I can't export new paths yet (no time to fully implement that yet).

You can download the BYAML here: http://ray.syroot.com/mk8/courses/desertbattle/battle_muunt.byaml
Of course it belongs to Ggc_DryDryDesert

Reactions: myuuji and lordelan

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's another "arena-fied" battle track; Sherbet Land.
I only kept the area with the two-way underwater section, so it's basically a two layer arena now.
I also made several ramps two-way to be fair.

sherbetbattle0.jpg

sherbetbattle1.jpg

sherbetbattle2.jpg

sherbetbattle3.jpg

sherbetbattle4.jpg

sherbetbattle5.jpg

sherbetbattle6.jpg

I actually tried putting in snow trees to block the way out of the arena. At first I had "TreeSnow", but that one did not have a collidable top, only the root was solid.
Then I noticed Mount Wario uses the same tree, but with top collisions, as the object "TreeSnow_AddCol" (there are several Obj versions named like this for others too). But that one crashed Sherbet Land, no clue why... so ClockGearZ was sufficient!

Download: http://ray.syroot.com/mk8/courses/sherbetbattle/battle_muunt.byaml

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.