Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also a suggestion, could you make a guide to find the title key from a tik?

open the title.tik in an hexeditor.
the title key 0x10 bytes long (16 bytes in decimal), located at 0x1BF

titleID is 8 bytes long, located at 0x1DC, in case you need the titleID to forge the fake key.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of a noob at hex. [emoji853]
Download this hex editor https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd

Two characters = 1 byte. So the 16 bytes will be 32 characters in length.

0x at the beginning of a number just means count in hex.

Count to 10 in hex like this. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10. (so 10 is in hex is 16 in decimal)

HxD will let you know where each value is located when you hover over it. Find 0x1BF and then copy the 32 character key that starts there.

Reactions: hudhair

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm getting "error FFFCFFE9 with wupinstaller and "MCP Install RVAL (-266167) FSA_STATUS_NOT_FOUND" with sysconf installer on rednand with MK8 eur DLC with funkiiu -onlinekeys after installing like 1.3Mb.

Finally, ot DLC to work too!

I just re DL the DLCs, the tik was fine, guess something was off with the files (was the right size and all tho)

for ppl wanting a tutorial...well, you don't really need one, use Funkiiu with -onlinekeys and the same ID as your game but put a C instead of the 0 in the middle of the ID 0005000CXXXXXXXX instead of 00050000XXXXXXXX (where the E for updates would be(0005000EXXXXXXXX)), install in rednand with patched sigs.
xuhOK5A.jpg

upWFGvR.jpg

(I don't own smash, so I wouldn't be about to use this or 200cc any other way)

Last edited by Azel,

kimchee2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't have to, I didn't do it. You'll be 100% fine without formatting.

About formatting sysnand or not, the question is still up in the air but what if there's a nintendo update like 5.5.2
what are the pros and cons ?
I'm reluctant to format my sysnand, bc don't want to upload my brazilian hd again and lose savegames
but at the same, still want a clear division between sys and red nand for protection

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I installed the MK8 DLC without sys config tool (just used yarpe 1.2.1 wupinstaller) and everything worked. (installed to usb hdd)

Reactions: Azel

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'll give it a try tomorrow , but they way it looks it isn't that stable considering the fact that there are 13 bricks so far
btw what does it give me ? other than DLC ?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a try tomorrow , but they way it looks it isn't that stable considering the fact that there are 13 bricks so far
btw what does it give me ? other than DLC ?

People haven't really bricked from using this guide. Users have admitted to picking brick because they thought it was funny.

Also here is an easier guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/building-iosuhax-on-windows.447023/

This allows you to play DLC, out of region games, install vc, and soon homebrew. Also, this will allow you to make a nand dump - which is always good to have.

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People haven't really bricked from using this guide. Users have admitted to picking brick because they thought it was funny.

Also here is an easier guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/building-iosuhax-on-windows.447023/

This allows you to play DLC, out of region games, install vc, and soon homebrew. Also, this will allow you to make a nand dump - which is always good to have.

From past few posts I've seen pop up in last few hours I think people are starting to have issues. I think I might still hold off although prospects of DLC would be nice

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requirements :
  • Atleast a 64GB SD for 32GB Wii U's, and atleast 16GB SD for 8GB Wii U's.
Aaaaand now I regret getting a Wii U bundle with more memory. I don't have enough reasons (or cash) to buy a 64GB SD card just for Wii U hacking.
This guide still looks nice, though. :P

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by x65943,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Obtaining DLC for free:
Requires sysCONFIG tool, don't try this without it, okay?

• Download this extract it and open gui.py.
  • Enter the name of that titlekey site, you're gonna have to find this yourself.
  • Find the DLC you want here it must be your region.
  • Copy the Title ID from the DLC you want to install and paste it into the Download tab of the program.
  • Hit download with online keys
  • You'll get an install folder, copy this to your sd card root.
  • Boot up your redNAND and load sysConfig tool.
  • Go to Data Manager > Title Manager > Install > SD > vol. Check the install folder and hit "R" to install.
  • Boot up your game and you'll hopefully see your new DLC!

Yea...thats BS, I installed MK8 DLC with WUPInstaller Y 1.21, worked perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu