Gaming Scribblenauts Hype and News Thread

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
How were the games leaked? Through an actual cartridge, or as a .nds file on a PC?
Cartridge form from a review site as a contest. You had to solve a simple puzzle. 5 words only. British version, so some verbose will show up
biggrin.gif

BTW: Feep is a word... wtf?

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
jackdanielchan said:
How were the games leaked? Through an actual cartridge, or as a .nds file on a PC?
Cartridge form from a review site as a contest. You had to solve a simple puzzle. 5 words only. British version, so some verbose will show up
biggrin.gif

If I remember right, Feep is a poster on Neogaf who posted a hugely positive preview about the game. The designer of the game liked it, so stuck references to Feep and his post in the game.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the feeling that there's no way in hell that this is going to get dumped early, though god knows I wish it would with all my heart.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgu1994 said:
Link5084 said:
What kind of cheat codes will this game have?

Beat everything with a par of 0, 1, etc.
Unlimited items can be summoned.
All levels unlocked.

Yeah, plus the designer had mentioned something about certain things had a cooldown, so perhaps there will be a cheat to bypass that.

It's a shame that some folks on the fringes of the gaming media are focusing so heavily on trying to find a chink in the game's armor. It's a great concept, looks like a fun game -- that really is all that folks should concern themselves with until it's been accurately and fully reviewed. Of course, the mainstream-gaming media isn't helping by over-hyping the hell out of the game. I fear that by the time it releases, people will be fatigued of hearing about it and lose interest. Personally, I've stopped watching videos of the game so that I don't get overexposed to it.

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burnout600 said:
chao1212 said:
jackdanielchan said:
biggrin.gif

If I remember right, Feep is a poster on Neogaf who posted a hugely positive preview about the game. The designer of the game liked it, so stuck references to Feep and his post in the game.
Yep, see for yourself here (post #217). NeoGAF, Feep, and Post 217 are all in the game, funnily enough.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As per the whole "leaked" thing, I doubt you'll see a dump of it until the release date. Odds are it was released through a cartridge, and I doubt out of all the people who dump games, those 2 guys will know how or be able to.

On another note, I think the game might end up being overhyped. People are WAY too overexcited about the innovation than the actual gameplay. For all you may know it could just end up being an innovative but mediocore platformer/puzzler.

Shadowinfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
On another note, I think the game might end up being overhyped. People are WAY too overexcited about the innovation than the actual gameplay. For all you may know it could just end up being an innovative but mediocore platformer/puzzler.

I think even if this does happen, it won't be that big of a deal. Personally, I expect to spend hours just summoning stuff and seeing what happens, not so much focusing on what I'm supposed to be doing.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadowinfinity said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I think even if this does happen, it won't be that big of a deal. Personally, I expect to spend hours just summoning stuff and seeing what happens, not so much focusing on what I'm supposed to be doing.
That's what most people are excited for, anyways.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but here's some more footage:

Wow, they even have a roflcopter!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff