OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can summon people.

You can summon a Rickroll because the Rick Astley that pops up is pretty non-descriptive. If he popped up dancing his trademarked Rickrolly dance and singing, or even just had the music in the background, Warner Bros has a lawsuit on their hands.

They said no trademarked or brand named goods, so keep this little exchange from Clerks in mind:

Randal Graves: Band Aids are a brand name. The proper term is adhesive strips.
Dante Hicks: The man is bleeding to death and you're getting into a semantics argument?
Randal Graves: Man, name brand word association is one of the more subtle threats to this nation's free trade. It gives the larger, well-known companies an unfair advantage. I'm doing my part to keep the playing field level by weaning people off referring to generic products with brand names.
Dante Hicks: Way to show some backbone.
Randal Graves: No spine of Jell-O here, my friend.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
I don't think you can summon people...

frown.gif

That's a shame, because I think Rick James could solve any problem.

I'm curious, though -- to the person who says reviews copies are out there -- where did you hear this?

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Donato_Dobango said:
I don't think you can summon people.
NO OBAMA?!
hate2.gif

And yeah, where'd you heard about the review copies from. If its true, we can get an early review. And more people are going to buy it! I wonder if it'll get higher scores on gamespot than GTA: CW....
wink2.gif

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you can summon generic people or historical figures like Einstein or Abe Lincoln, but not currently day people.

Presidents are a weird case: Obama could be in there, as could any other president. They fall under fair use due to the fact that any president who sues over their likeness is likely to get bad press for wasting government time and money. Hence why we have 30 or 40 Obama-centric comics on the bookshelves in America right now.

Just about any person the various forums are making Scribblenauts-inspired avatars for, though, are unlikely, as they are trademarked people. So sadly no Chuck Norris or Michael Jackson or Optimus Prime or even Chef Gordon Ramsey, which I think is my favorite Scribblenaut-avatar right now.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have good news and bad news.
Good news:
Review copies (2) leaked to public through a contest. Could be an early dump
biggrin.gif
Bad news:
Tons of people have NO idea about the scene. What are the chances of these two guys knowing?

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already been shown in a video that spellcheck feature that suggests a list of correct words comes up.

For example, let's say you were trying to write "Hamster" but wrote "Hamter" instead.

A list would come up and suggest words like "Hamster, Hammer, Hamper, etc."

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DemonicChocobo said:
It's already been shown in a video that spellcheck feature that suggests a list of correct words comes up.

For example, let's say you were trying to write "Hamster" but wrote "Hamter" instead.

A list would come up and suggest words like "Hamster, Hammer, Hamper, etc."
Sorry, and thanks. I don't see any videos though, just blank spaces where videos should be. Probably cause youtube is being banned here.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:
Joystiq has posted a new YouTube video showing some delicious gameplay footage of a sample puzzle: you are hanging by a rope next to a starlite in a cage ALSO hanging by a rope. It shows just how inane you can be with items and still succeed:

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/07/20/scr...many-solutions/

It would have been great if "Hookshot" actually worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.