Homebrew SCFW: Custom Firmware & Kernel for Supercard

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So even if my SC's battery is dead I can still save?

If your SC's battery is dead, you need to do a quick-power-cycle or use soft reset to return to the menu to save. This is true for SCFW and the original firmware.
SCFW doesn't have soft reset yet. I plan to add it later.

Reactions: tk9

remori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
L+R while on gba , sram eror , rom ok , everything ok .. my sd is 2gb mini SD
Post automatically merged:

flashmp then back to v.1.52 its better than 1.85 because the font glitch ..

turn on gba then L+R

SRAM error : 010604060506 CPLD error
SDRAM ok!
flash id error : b904 0000b32c2 flash error : 10
SD/mmc ok!

so while i open game with scfw , then the game need to enter data (data sav) it will be stuckk . hang .

Last edited by remori,

Phamaral

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I turn off my GBA I lose all my save data. Any tips on how I could fix it? Do I need a new battery?

I tried quick power cycling and got back to the menu but after selecting my .sav file it says: "Disable autosave to manage SRAM manually"

If I understand correctly:
  • I need a good battery for autosave to work.
  • If I have a bad battery I can quick power cycle back to the menu to manually save.
If this true, how do I disable autosave?

remori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
When I turn off my GBA I lose all my save data. Any tips on how I could fix it? Do I need a new battery?

I tried quick power cycling and got back to the menu but after selecting my .sav file it says: "Disable autosave to manage SRAM manually"

• If I have a bad battery I can quick power cycle back to the menu to manually save.
i make my diy battery .. you can use cr 1220 with wire and glue

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Pressing B while in the root folder accesses the global settings menu. You can disable autosave now.

I believe saving is broken in versions 0.4.2 and 0.4.3. Try to see if it works in 0.4.1. I also found another important bug which probably breaks loading 32MB ROMs in 0.4.3 which I'll fix ASAP.

EDIT: 0.4.4 is out now, and fixes both of these bugs.

Last edited by metroid maniac,

t2_t2

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It might help to clean the contacts of the supercard with IPA

you can restore the original firmware with flashmp and a Slot-1 flashca

I installed the latest kernel/firmware of SCFW, unfortunately i get this error message :
"FAT system initialised
Kernel file open failed"
(I use a 2GB microSD, and the latest SCFW worked perfectly on the 1st use, just after installing it)

I assume my Supercard is bricked, but i couldn't find the flashmp.nds anywhere to unbrick it
(for downloading flashmp, all of the links that i came across are dead)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the latest kernel/firmware of SCFW, unfortunately i get this error message :
"FAT system initialised
Kernel file open failed"
(I use a 2GB microSD, and the latest SCFW worked perfectly on the 1st use, just after installing it)

I assume my Supercard is bricked, but i couldn't find the flashmp.nds anywhere to unbrick it
Here, it was attached to one of the related threads linked in OP.
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/flashmp-rar.345540/

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"FAT system initialised
Kernel file open failed"

Make sure your kernel is in the scfw subfolder.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing B while in the root folder accesses the global settings menu. You can disable autosave now.

I believe saving is broken in versions 0.4.2 and 0.4.3. Try to see if it works in 0.4.1. I also found another important bug which probably breaks loading 32MB ROMs in 0.4.3 which I'll fix ASAP.

EDIT: 0.4.4 is out now, and fixes both of these bugs.

Is this why I was unable to save in all Castlevania games since 0.4.1? I posted here but since nobody else had issues I just assumed it was my battery.

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
"FAT system initialised
Kernel file open failed"

http://darkfader.net/ds/files/flashmp.rar

Try this.

remori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
finally i can play game normaly without battery .. but i cant save load game on sc.. any idea?

good thing is , so many game cant run on sc , it can run with scfw without sc patcher ...
next i 'll buy sc again .. wishlisted

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Seem to be getting white screens on my games after updating from 0.4.2 🙈 guessing it may be romhacks causing the issue though

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mainly Pokemon games, Leaf Green and Quetzal seem top be struggling the most for some reason. Sorry seems like I have 2 different sign ins
Quetzal is a large 32MB game, there seems to be a bug in the current version which can break these games, it has been fixed and will be in the next release.

Reactions: CharlesHoy

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, @metroid maniac , couldn't you and your fellow developer take a look at the Famicom Mini (and Nintendo Classics) series titles to see why they don't work despite applying a.p. patches? I got only white screen. My guess is that the switch from fast to slow rom does not happen, despite using the SC client software. Have any users been able to get them to start? I attach the anti piracy patches here for convenience if anyone would like to check them. Thanks for your commitment and dedication. 😉

Attachments

• ClassicNES_FamicomMini.zip
    105.8 KB · Views: 14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto