Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@M4x1mumReZ he is already on the fence about releasing it or not. So your laugh won't help really, but aight. I got hackable Switches so I don't care personally.
Yeah, I'm not even bothered about it. I'd be better off using an unpatched Switch as you can just do it with a jig like normal.

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Of course nobody respects the devs, they just want their piracy.
In this situation, there is no longer a separate them and a separate us.
Everyone took part.
Someone leaked, someone took advantage of the leak, someone tweeted about it, someone reposted this "news".
We also decided not to stand aside and did the best we could - we made a circus with clowns and bears. It's worth noting we did it for free.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In this situation, there is no longer a separate them and a separate us.
Everyone took part.
Someone leaked, someone took advantage of the leak, someone tweeted about it, someone reposted this "news".
We also decided not to stand aside and did the best we could - we made a circus with clowns and bears. It's worth noting we did it for free.
Morals are nonexistent these days as we have become accustomed to getting what we want, no matter the method.

Reactions: SylverReZ

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The disappointment in your comment matches your pfp

I hope for peoples sakes the dev doesn't get cold feet about it all.
They already are having cold feet. I try to comfort them but as usual the people of the Temps show their true colors it seems....

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switch homebrew scene is so overcomplicated and surrounded by these kinds of drama that I honestly can't see the appeal of this entire mess other than watching it from afar.
Every Nintendo homebrew scene is filled to the brim with this sort of woke drama. Not just that but I can also imagine every other scene doing the same.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if only mod chips would not let you get banned on switch online severs... i almost got a hacked switch here but it got sold to someone else (sigh)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One of my friends wants to do a pc wall build I'm like but you constantly complain about roaches lol