Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If they really want to sue someone they will be able to find the person home address, so why bother with vpn, mac address.
Nah. Not if you do it right. Get a VPN that doesn't do logging. Spoofing a MAC address means your real machine isn't visible to them. I don't know what you *think* you know about online privacy, but I assure you these measures work.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah. Not if you do it right. Get a VPN that doesn't do logging. Spoofing a MAC address means your real machine isn't visible to them. I don't know what you *think* you know about online privacy, but I assure you these measures work.

That is not enough to stop a lawsuit coming in your door, I mean github/discord or where ever the code is shared on will comply with Nintendo as they don't want to be part of that lawsuit, if people can hide behind a mac address spoofing, and vpn, then there will no lawsuit for anyone at all, then why does people still get sue.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Not sure if they have them in the US, but over here if you know the right people you can still get cloned cable modems... pair that with a junk pc (mac address), multiple VM's, proxies and VPN with everything else you've suggested and you're 99.9% unfindable

But like the other person says, well just like any kind of real world crime, you're only as safe as your weakest link... so if you have someone in your inner circle who's not quite as switched on as yourself then you're vulnerable

But like you say, there's a lot of stuff you can do and many walls you can put in place to help prevent them :ph34r:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
if people can hide behind a mac address spoofing, and vpn, then there will no lawsuit for anyone at all, then why does people still get sue.
MAC spoofing and VPNs exist to protect people's anonymity. They're not out there selling snake oil, this stuff actually works.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MAC spoofing and VPNs exist to protect people's anonymity. They're not out there selling snake oil, this stuff actually works.

Obviously you sound clueless, vpn company out there will still if law enforcement request the info, so that ain't going to protect you if you get hit with a lawsuit, so the vpn company will give up your info.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you sound clueless, vpn company out there will still if law enforcement request the info, so that ain't going to protect you if you get hit with a lawsuit, so the vpn company will give up your info.
What info? The prepaid VISA I use to pay for it? The same fake name I use everywhere for everything online? They're not getting any new useful info, lol. Every avenue they'd be chasing is a dead end. 🤡

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What info? The prepaid VISA I use to pay for it? The same fake name I use everywhere for everything online? They're not getting any new useful info, lol. Every avenue they'd be chasing is a dead end. 🤡

VPN company have to comply with the law if there was a legal law enforcement request, so the VPN company can't protect you.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VPN company have to comply with the law if there was a legal law enforcement request, so the VPN company can't protect you.
Not disagreeing with you, just adding to the conversation that Mullad keep zero anything, you can even pay them with crypto and I'm pretty sure I read they receive cash through the mail

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Your IP which they then ask the ISP to find your contract.
kek. Let me not even start talking about VPN cascades in different countries.
Just take a secondhand phone bought from random hands and a prepaid sim card with internet plan also bought from random hands. Throw away after use.

But somehow we, with all this kindergarten security, have completely moved away from the most important thing - How to pirate Nintendo for less. Preferably no more than $3.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
kek. Let me not even start talking about VPN cascades in different countries.
Just take a secondhand phone bought from random hands and a prepaid sim card with internet plan also bought from random hands. Throw away after use.

But somehow we, with all this kindergarten security, have completely moved away from the most important thing - How to pirate Nintendo for less. Preferably no more than $3.
$3 is possible if you're ok with the modchip hanging off the back of your switch.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Still sceptic because i don't see a mosfet anywhere on that picture but if this is real it's finally an affordable option. Fuck hwfly with their overpriced garbage clones.

Reactions: some1ne

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
741od0.jpg

Okay, I agree, this has already gone too far.
I hope that the developer is doing well and according to plan.
Any alternative solution is good for evolution of "sports" in general and for ordinary users in particular.

Last edited by r1vver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh