Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Chonay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Ok so, in this thread as far as I understood, people are throwing shet at each other... but anyway it would be great if someone could please explain to me what is happening now to the software, it seems like it got leaked (?)
Well, everything is calm, if it had leaked the communities would be crazy but not everything looks calm so I doubt it

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, everything is calm, if it had leaked the communities would be crazy but not everything looks calm so I doubt it
It did get leaked, but as it's encrypted, it's currently not useful. The firmware is keyed to an individual RP2040-Zero and will not work on another, for now.

• Wow
Reactions: SUPERBANEN

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am just gonna say it, this isn’t coming out
We've got a leak and that's enough for us to reverse engineer for the time being to figure out if it works or not.

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Has anyone tried to use/analyzed this?
@Tafty could you flash and try this?
Post automatically merged:

imma get home in like 10 minutes but I'm waaaaaaay too tired to do anything on my pc. will analyze it first thing tomorrow if no one does it before me

nvm, sorry for the ping tafty, according to the other thread the files are the exact same :ha:

Last edited by saladus,

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
@Tafty could you flash and try this?

imma get home in like 10 minutes but I'm waaaaaaay too tired to do anything on my pc. will analyze it first thing tomorrow if no one does it before me

nvm, sorry for the ping tafty, according to the other thread the files are the exact same :ha:
No worries, I have this console setup ready for testing, I don't check this thread everyday so if anyone needs me to test just tag me or drop me a pm :)

• Love
Reactions: peteruk and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1