Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MacroKrome, Deftoner: Not sure if it's the right thread, but if you're using Wii Mario kart, try the PID extractor with your Wii connected to the internet. as far as I know, this extractor uploads the friend code pair so the old profile is usable on the new servers. If it's DS Mario Kart, just delete WFC config, and redo router config! :)
That only applies to WiimmFi, not AltWFC.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just found out about this project. Seems i will be able to play som PS0 online again with my DSi XL, but i don't see Monster Hunter Tri, Wii, on that list. Hopefully itl work as well once you get the required data.
Keep up the good work guys!!

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Hunter Tri requires a completely different, custom server. It will never be supported by us. There's a private server project for Monster Hunter Tri but it's not related to us and I don't know how it's coming along.

Thx for the info.
So if i understand correctly you guys are replacing the official Nintendo server that most game used but all games that were running on their own servers won't be able to use your service. I thought there might be a way to make it work but it totally make sense that it wouldnt.
BTW, where can i find more info on the MH Tri server project? And if im not mistaken, Fortune Street was running on the Nintendo server right, hope it will be added then coz my GF was sad when the online was shut down for it :P

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
So the server's DNS has changed? no wonder my youtube subscribers are saying that the server doent work for them i'll make sure to update that
also any news on the progress on the pokemon games guys :)

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try digging around in this thread for a YouTube clip, as yes, someone already posted about this, at least I think they did...

Either way, someone answered such post with YouTube link!

m24gui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can´t connect to the server since it as changed. It says "Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection because the wi-fi user information from the system and the game card do not match. I have already erased my WFC configuration... any ideas?

SOLVED

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to connect with Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja on my ancient R4 for the DS Phat. Star Force 1 froze whenever I tried to load a patched rom on it, but worked when I used the AR code. So I used the AR code for Star Force 2 ZxN as well, but it freezes whenever I turn on that code, from starting the ROM.

Oddly, Zerker x Saurian works fine with it. But for my own reasons, I need to connect with ZxN. Any idea why? I've tried ROMs from multiple sites.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the days of NWFC only very few NDS games (like Pokémon Black/White) supported WPA connections if you were playing on NDSi or 3DS. For all other games you had to use a WEP connection or the Wi-Fi USB Connector.

Did AltWFC change that? Do you still need to use WEP or will WPA work? Is there any use to the Wi-Fi USB Connector anymore or can I just trash it? It doesn't seem to be compatible to AltWFC.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WPA was a combination of hardware and software limitations. You would have to tackle both and the software side alone would have been a nightmare.

You might be able to get the USB thing to work, however I am not sure what you might have to do. I would probably look first at the old wifime stuff and any hacks made to it. On the other hand they were considered cheap and nasty at the time they were made and you could probably pull something off with a far nicer USB wifi card and a fake access point on your PC, a raspberry pi or something similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1