Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The connection test succeeds but when I go to connect, I get a black screen with text that says: You were disconnected from nintendo WFC. Press the A button to return to the main menu. Error code 61020 Does this have anything to do with the wifi usb connector? (also, the game is mario kart ds)
edit: I deleted my wifi profile again and that seemed to fix the issue of the error code but now, it says "connecting to nintnedo wfc forever!! :(

yeah had the same issue. it keeps trying to connect but then drops and gives an error that it's busy.

Is the software that the server is running on open-source/ can-i-make-my-own-server?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is the server still up? I get the error code 52100 when trying to connect with Mario Kart DS. If it helps I'm using a Wi-Fi hotspot I made from my cellphone with no security

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to connect either - is the server still functioning properly? Was trying to find a match under Worldwide. Said "searching for opponents" then got error code 81010. Second time got error code 85030. Third time again got 85030.

Patuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So the server is down for everyone?
I recieve the following message "61070"
I was trying to enter the fire emblem shadow dragon online store.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So the server is down for everyone?
I recieve the following message "61070"
I was trying to enter the fire emblem shadow dragon online store.

No, the servers are not down ;) I've tested several games the last 24 hours and all the games I tested worked, except for Custom Robo Arena. I believe there's a problem with my setup/ backup or whatever... I've been using my DSi with acekard 2i to connect to Desmume.

Anyways, I believe the online store not working on Fire Emblem might be because it requires an additional server, much like the ones needed for Pokemon, that are more or less fixed thanks to a different comunity. I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure. There's no entry for it on the compatibility page over at github, so I guess I could test it for you, but only if WFC don't come like 5 hours into the game... In that case I'd have to kindly ask for your save.

Furthermore, I recommend people interested in playing online to scroll down to the bottom of the github page where you can find the link to the altwfc comunity chat and as always read the guidelines for the chat:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki
There's even a cool stat feature that let's you see if someone's playing and what they're playing.

Bunch of applause to the people who made this, since it's usually very stable (I've played through FFCC:EoT without problems) and not to mention awesome! You can even make your own server from what I can gather...

TrucyWright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No, the servers are not down ;) I've tested several games the last 24 hours and all the games I tested worked, except for Custom Robo Arena. I believe there's a problem with my setup/ backup or whatever... I've been using my DSi with acekard 2i to connect to Desmume.

Anyways, I believe the online store not working on Fire Emblem might be because it requires an additional server, much like the ones needed for Pokemon, that are more or less fixed thanks to a different comunity. I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure. There's no entry for it on the compatibility page over at github, so I guess I could test it for you, but only if WFC don't come like 5 hours into the game... In that case I'd have to kindly ask for your save.

Furthermore, I recommend people interested in playing online to scroll down to the bottom of the github page where you can find the link to the altwfc comunity chat and as always read the guidelines for the chat:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki
There's even a cool stat feature that let's you see if someone's playing and what they're playing.

Bunch of applause to the people who made this, since it's usually very stable (I've played through FFCC:EoT without problems) and not to mention awesome! You can even make your own server from what I can gather...

Yup, you are right! I just tried Mario Kart DS today and it works like a charm! If anyone wants my friend code, here it is! 270582-961490 :lol:

Reactions: Margen67

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, you are right! I just tried Mario Kart DS today and it works like a charm! If anyone wants my friend code, here it is! 270582-961490 :lol:

Cool! Mine's 180388-645390.

Today's a big day since it's been exactly one year since nintendo shut down their Wfc service. Would've been cool if there'd been arranged for a tournament or something just to celebrate that it's still up and running.

Edit: Just tried Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon with a save I found on gamefaqs and everything worked. That is battles AND shop. Tried on both DS and Desmume.

Reactions: TrucyWright

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool! Mine's 180388-645390.

Today's a big day since it's been exactly one year since nintendo shut down their Wfc service. Would've been cool if there'd been arranged for a tournament or something just to celebrate that it's still up and running.

Edit: Just tried Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon with a save I found on gamefaqs and everything worked. That is battles AND shop. Tried on both DS and Desmume.

it's not Nintendo who shut down their WFC service, it's Gamespy who shut down the servers who were used to host Nintendo's WFC service because they own them. Actually, the site and network were bought by Ziff-Davis, IGN's parent company, and they decided to shut down IGN's secondary sites

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's not Nintendo who shut down their WFC service, it's Gamespy who shut down the servers who were used to host Nintendo's WFC service because they own them. Actually, the site and network were bought by Ziff-Davis, IGN's parent company, and they decided to shut down IGN's secondary sites

Yeah, I know it wasn't Nintendo's decision since Gamespy had the servers, but there's no use in hidning that Nintendo didn't see it coming, but considering their financial status in 2014 and the costs of tranferring the servers and maintenance, they never would have kept them running for any longer. Still, this is the best example of how modern games aren't eternal the same way older games was, because a lot of NDS/Wii games had online content that now is inaccessible forever (though some you can get by by using an AC or flashcard).

I still remember gathering 4 wii's just to play Monster Hunter Tri LAN, which was awesome (their servers were run by Capcom who shut them down a year before).

Reactions: drgnslayers

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
but there's no use in hidning that Nintendo didn't see it coming, but considering their financial status in 2014 and the costs of tranferring the servers and maintenance, they never would have kept them running for any longer.
You will really say, that a multi million dollar company was not able to finance a simple matchmaking server, but a private person like me can do it in short time without any financial help?

In other words you said: Nintendo have only very bad programmers/developers or is a bad organized company?

I believe, that they also not want to continue the service. And Nintendo shut down his servers 40 days before GameSpy did. I bet it was a tactical decision to push MKW8 for Wii U a week after shut down.

TrucyWright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You will really say, that a multi million dollar company was not able to finance a simple matchmaking server, but a private person like me can do it in short time without any financial help?

In other words you said: Nintendo have only very bad programmers/developers or is a bad organized company?

I believe, that they also not want to continue the service. And Nintendo shut down his servers 40 days before GameSpy did. I bet it was a tactical decision to push MKW8 for Wii U a week after shut down.

Yeah... and the Wii U and 3DS got some pretty bad sales back then.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Whether you call it a tactical, strategic or financial decision doesn't really matter. As TrucyWright said, and as most people know, the WiiU had pretty mediocre sales a year back, so Nintendo obviously wanted to up their sales. So why do you think they didn't just choose to transfer their servers? (And no, of course it wasn't a question of programming since Nintendo had all they would need to set them up instantly, in contrast to us having to dump packets and reverse-engineer the whole thing). My guess is that one of the reasons they chose to discontinue them was in order to get more people to buy the WiiU or the 3DS. For them it was probably like a golden opportunity the get some more sales. For most people loosing online play is a good reason to stop using your old console and move over to the new one (especially if there's like 0 people playing online). I'm not saying this was their main financial plan in order to get more sales. Also, intentionally or not, having GameSpy be the guilty party saved their image from taking any blows.

ShawnGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I have been trying to connect to the Wiimmfi server with DeSmeMU and at first it worked but now I am getting the error code 23915. after a lot of stress I realized the issue was DeSmeMU wasn't saving my configuration changes to the firmware which in turn caused me to request a new console ID (Wi-Fi ID) from Wiimmfi every time I restarted the emulator. Now I have found the solution to the firmware issue (you have to hit Ctrl-R to restart the rom before changes can be saved or loaded to or from firmware.dfc, like your Wi-Fi ID) but I am banned still by code 23915 and I have no idea for how long... I wanted to ask if anyone knows how long it might be as I'm not on the ban list, I checked...

Last edited by ShawnGT,
Reactions: Zense

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi guys,
I have been trying to connect to the Wiimmfi server with DeSmeMU and at first it worked but now I am getting the code is 23915. after a lot of stress I realized the issue was DeSmeMU wasn't saving my configuration changes to the firmware which in turn caused me to request a new console ID (Wi-Fi ID) from Wiimmfi every time I restarted the emulator. Now I have found the solution to the firmware issue (you have to hit Ctrl-R to restart the rom before changes can be saved or loaded to or from firmware.dfc, like your Wi-Fi ID) but I am banned still by code 23915 and I have no idea for how long... I wanted to ask if anyone knows how long it might be as I'm not on the ban list, I checked...
what desmume version are you using?

ShawnGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The automatic ban is lifted after 42 days without changing the id again.
Ouch, 42 days huh? Well I'm just glad it's not permanent since it was a mistake on my part, and I'm thankful there are still people out there devoted to keeping these games alive (and playing them). Thanks for answering me leseratte.
what desmume version are you using?
v.0.9.7 (Wi-Fi of course... Idk if there is a better Wi-Fi version) running Win 7 32 bit OS and I should mention that I've been using AltWfc and pkmnclassic.net to trade via GTS since I wrote my first post, with no problems. So I guess I just have to wait it out if I want to use Wiimmfi servers. Hopefully this info helps out other people getting error 23915 with DeSmeMU since most of the info on the web for it that I could find is about Dolphin/Wii and the only info on the Wiimmfi page is the description "Abuse of a console identifier" which to me was somewhat vague.

Last edited by ShawnGT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?