Salt and Sanctuary launches for the Switch on August 2nd

There won't just be one major indie game hitting the Switch next week, but two. It's called Salt & Sanctuary and is described as taking heavy inspiration from Dark Souls, in order to create a challenging 2D action RPG. The game is hailed as successfully adapting the Dark Souls formula into 2D. It originally launched in 2016, but the Switch port will be out on August 2nd. Blitworks will be in charge of the Switch version, and it'll cost $17.99 on the eShop.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's the thing that makes 2D platforms difficult? Fast paced actions? Unforgiving platforms? Something that I couldn't see in the trailer. Pass :(

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Very nice. This is one of the few portable titles I was jealous at Vita for having. Should look even better on the Switch screen, and I love what I've played of it on PC.

What's the thing that makes 2D platforms difficult? Fast paced actions? Unforgiving platforms? Something that I couldn't see in the trailer. Pass :(
Dark Souls-inspired mechanics is what makes it difficult. You've got i-frames on your dodge, and different classes/stat allocation, but for the most part it's take three to five clean hits without healing and you're dead, less with bosses. Discussing it makes me want to jump back in...but I've still got Bloodborne and God of War to get through too.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...