Iconoclasts makes its way to the Nintendo Switch next week

IMG_0034.JPG

The underrated indie platformer Iconoclasts will be headed to the Switch soon, as announced today. On August 2, you'll be able to play the game, which originally launched for PC and PlayStation systems, on the Switch. Iconoclasts is a mix of Metroidvania type exploration, and puzzle platforming. The Switch version will also get an exclusive boss rush mode, as well as a harder difficulty option.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, sarkwalvein, can you show me some trailer or gameplay videos? You know, for some reason I am clueless about this, but when I read "Metroidvania" and "underrated" I got interested.

Yeah, sarkwalvein, of course I can show you some videos, but be aware that underrated doesn't mean it would be any good.

No problem, just show me the videos and I will make up my mind.

Here you have them:

Hmmm, it looks interesting, it seems like the kind of thing I would enjoy. It has some early 90s PC/Amiga platform game appeal to it TBH. So, how much does it cost?

Well, you can get it now for $19.99 on Steam for PC, and I guess it will cost the same on Switch when it releases next week.

A little pricey, I think I will wait for a while, I hope it gets to the under $15 range.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this game was awesome!!

i tried the demo like 7 years ago or so, but there was not sign of the full game, the demo had stayed in my brain for years, as years passed there was still times that i remembered and would really wanted to play that game but forgot the name of it or where i did found it
then the game was released and damn! it was great
i feel it was kinda short, but love the universe, the mechanics and the art...

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Played a bit on PC and really enjoyed it. The dev sent us code when it released on other platforms, and at the time he said everyone keeps asking for a Switch release. Now it's coming I am really looking forward to playing through it on Switch.
Great time for Metroidvania fans atm, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells and now this!

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Metroidvanias are cool and all, but I'm really hoping for some more quality traditional 2D platformers. At least we have Sonic Mania.
Even going through my Steam library there's really next to nothing that can be considered a "traditional" platformer any more. For a lot of them it's just an increase in difficulty, but every modern platformer has its own unique features it hinges on, something to make it stand out.

Reactions: zeldaism and CeeDee

hiryuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even going through my Steam library there's really next to nothing that can be considered a "traditional" platformer any more. For a lot of them it's just an increase in difficulty, but every modern platformer has its own unique features it hinges on, something to make it stand out.

This felt more like a Megaman game at times than a "Metroidvania". Maybe more of a metrdoivania-lite?

Reactions: Xzi

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that interesting. Maybe Shovel Knight? I dunno, though. Seems people are kinda over traditional platformers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: