OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
MHaven said:
I think that what might be happening is this:

When the SaGa2 Rom is identified in the header the first thing that happens in most current firmwares is that it goes to offset XXXXXXXX and changes the hex code so that it gets through the certain point, this happens since the flashcards have their own anti-piracy hacks. Since the game has been modified it might be changing a part that doesn't have anything to do with the anti-piracy thus not working properly so I ask that you backtrack and see if your old firmwares let the game work, if they do this might be the problem. Please check and let us knw in what card have you done it and if it works or not.
Unless you've moved code around in the arm9, there's no way that those memory offsets have changed.

There were a total of two words stored in arm9.

Now, for v0.26, I took a clean ROM and applied the SaGa 2 anti-piracy patch, then I rebuilt the ROM with all of the modified files excluding arm9. So, arm9 is the original untouched arm9 in v0.26.

Is there some way that DSLazy, when it trims the ROM, could be screwing up the anti-piracy fix? Or maybe SagaTrans? Because v0.1 used the exact same anti-piracy fix and it worked perfectly for everyone.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
Now, for v0.26, I took a clean ROM and applied the SaGa 2 anti-piracy patch, then I rebuilt the ROM with all of the modified files excluding arm9. So, arm9 is the original untouched arm9 in v0.26.

Is there some way that DSLazy, when it trims the ROM, could be screwing up the anti-piracy fix? Or maybe SagaTrans? Because v0.1 used the exact same anti-piracy fix and it worked perfectly for everyone.
Ah, yes, that does make a difference. It looks like the patch changes one of the overlays, not the arm9. DSLazy moves that overlay to another location, so the firmware is probably changing the wrong code and corrupting it. I'd recommend modifying the header with RomeR to prevent the firmware from identifying it as SaGa 2 and auto-patching it.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using AKAIO 1.5 >>
You MUST use the loaders that came with 1.5, from back in September. The latest loaders that were released recently do not work with SaGa 2. This is a AKAIO problem and not a problem on our end.

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^
thanks that worked. however it doesn't allow me to save.."Can't write data. Data deleted.

Also even though it isn't you guys that's causing problems, Will you guys try to fix it(the ak2loader problem)? truth be told, I don't want to use an old loader just to be able play one game.

ive been playing the game for a bit and I will admit that im not good at speaking english(3rd language...not a very good excuse since i know people who know 6 languages). Anyways i encountered something that sounded funny. my Beast monster ate the meat, and this came up "Fly Mantransformed into!" and also "Daddy Longlegs meat is dropping"

sorry for sounding needy. I support you guys 100% and Saga2 is a classic master piece, also Saga3 >.>

i guess if you manage to fix this akaio 1.5 problem without using the older loaders, id say you guys would lose a giant thorn in your path to completing Saga2.(just something to think about)

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a loader that came out a couple of days after AKAIO 1.5 that supposedly fixes the save issue. These are all problems with AKAIO 1.5 and not us. AKAIO needs to fix their loaders.

As for the errors in the battle messages, those will be fixed, they were just missed for this version. We are hoping for v0.3 to have almost all of the non-script related text to be done.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I don't have an account on your other site, I thought I'd tell you here. When you talk to Ki (or in your case Kai) either the first or the second time, there is a translation error where there is a letter c somewhere at the end of her sentence that makes no sense. Of course since I'm an idiot I don't remember exactly where, but I'm sure you can figure it out since there is only so much dialog with this character. I am on the latest patch 0.26 IIRC. Thought I'd help out.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick note to people that don't check their emails normally and/or aren't registered at the CN forums.

You must now go directly to:
http://crimson-nocturnal.com
to access our website.

Going to the old /forums will result in a error. I have updated the patch link in the first post to reflect this.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
neoxephon said:
There was a loader that came out a couple of days after AKAIO 1.5 that supposedly fixes the save issue. These are all problems with AKAIO 1.5 and not us. AKAIO needs to fix their loaders.

As for the errors in the battle messages, those will be fixed, they were just missed for this version. We are hoping for v0.3 to have almost all of the non-script related text to be done.

AKAIO runs the game perfectly fine its the idiot users that screw shit up.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
neoxephon said:

AKAIO runs the game perfectly fine its the idiot users that screw shit up.

Okay thats what i thought cuz i was using the latest loaders and mine was working perfectly. Good to know it wasn't just me lol

ranonadg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works on my AK2i, AKAIO 1.5 with latest loaders. Anyone with trouble playing this should probably run Panasonic SD Formatter on their SD card and try a fresh install.

M

multiboy2k

The VERY latest loaders (the one that fixes Spirit Tracks, etc.), also fixes this game.
Im using Ak2i on a DSi with patch version .26 for this game and it looks FANTASTIC.

Keep up the good work guys! People are playing this game and some of us are checking daily for progress on the translation.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Last time I tried to run this game on my R4i Gold 1.30, it would not let me save. However, I have -no- clue what the error message with it said. Has this issue been talked about? >.>

Edit: 0.26 - Can't write data. Data deleted. Again, using an R4i Gold (one of the new ones) with v1.30 firmware.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am actually unable to play this ever since 0.25. It actually corrupted my save as well. Every time I try to start up the game it creates the save again deleting the old one. Normally, in this situation I made a sav from the original rom and use that and it would ignore creating a .sav. This is how I got 4 Warrior of Light to work. This is not the case for this game.

Sucks since the original patch worked and I got really far on it. I love this game so let's see if I can figure a way out. :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol