ROM Hack Saga 2: Hihou Densetsu - Goddess of Destiny Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah nice tho what happened to donelwero. He was replaced by a newb! Oh well ill try the patch out 2night. Tho i thought haven was more of a spamer dan a hacker?? Well at least that's how it felt in the CN forums. Nways good luck to u both hope this is finished soon XD.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trueblood said:
woah nice tho what happened to donelwero. He was replaced by a newb! Oh well ill try the patch out 2night. Tho i thought haven was more of a spamer dan a hacker?? Well at least that's how it felt in the CN forums. Nways good luck to u both hope this is finished soon XD.

Thanks for the good luck i guess... and idk if i would be considered a spammer but okay. Just check the game out and then decide if its da work of a newb or not. Tho i guess you can't really tell since Neo and I are both working on it and he is my boss so to speak
biggrin.gif

Warrax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm the proud owner of the original on the Gameboy with all the paper stuff that come with it. I can say so far that this remake is totally worth it and the soundtrack looks good so far! Controls are very good imo and the new interface is pretty well done, good job Square!

If you never played this classic RPG before, you should! it's a very casual and simple rpg but don't be fooled by his simplicity, the game will keep you challenged (if they didn't change the difficulty in the remake) and knowing the mechanics and being familiar with RPGs in general is a good plus, specially near the end, some bosses and even some normal fights can be brutal if you don't know what you're doing. The game has also good replay value with all the classes/races compositions you can do, having a monster is pretty fun too since he always change while progressing through the game.

Finally, thanks for this translation! I can actually play the game
tongue.gif
I love quick translations that only translate the basics, keep them coming and good work!

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from our website:

------------------------------------

We are in need of the following positions to be filled:
2 Translators
2 Editors

The Translator Positions
You must be fluent in the Japanese language, if you are not, don't apply.

You must have time to devote to the project and must be willing to do so.

Not all of it is fun, there are boring parts but for us to completely translate this game, they must be done.

You also must be able to work with the rest of the team.

The Editor Positions
You must be fluent in the English language. You must be able to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

No, just because you speak English everyday does not mean you qualify for this position.

Specifically, it must be American English and not British English.

You must have the time to devote to this project, if you don't have the time or you are not willing to, do not apply. Constantly busy people are of no use to this project.

Again, you must be able to work with other people, specifically the other people on the team.

Are you interested?
Send me a Private Message with the following information:

* Your Preferred Name
* Your Age (yes, this does matter sometimes)
* Your Location
* Ways to get in contact with you
* Your Skills
* Examples of previous work

Failure to provide all of the above will most likely get your application ignored. Sorry, but I consider all of that important information, I'm not going to just choose anyone.

------------------------------------

You can PM me here, but you'll probably get a faster reply if you do it from our website.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what does an editor do ?

refining a rough translation into a limited number of words (space-wise) which are still in good english ?

out of curiosity, are any errors in the two sentences above ?

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrgone said:
what does an editor do ?

refining a rough translation into a limited number of words (space-wise) which are still in good english ?

out of curiosity, are any errors in the two sentences above ?

When Japanese is translated into English, sometimes words or sentences do not make a lot of sense in the English language. Part of an editor's job is to make these make sense, while maintaining what was originally meant by it. Editors also make line lengths appropriate for the available space in-game. We don't want text running past it's box/container.

Yeah, from just looking at your sentences, you have forgotten to capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence. Also, English should have a capital E and there shouldn't be a space before your question marks.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in the internet, all words are equal, so no capitalized sentence start (means, i'm too lazy to reach for shift
smile.gif
).

ok, that sounds ok
smile.gif
, as i wrote the last sentence of the previous message spontaneously ( i looked that one up right now ).
should there be spaces after opening parentheses or before closing parentheses like in the sentence before?
is parentheses correct, as i'm not gonna lookup another word
smile.gif
?

but overall, i think, i can do that.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still really need a dedicated translator. The sooner we get one, the sooner we can release v0.2 of our patch.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AgingAnimals said:
DarthNemesis said:
AgingAnimals said:
The translation patch doesn't work if the anti-piracy patch is used.
Good thing it already includes that patch then.
That patch doesn't work, either -- the anti-piracy part of it, that is.

I have tested the patch in different flash carts and it works on all of the ones i could get my hands on. Acekard 2i, R4, and iTouch DS 2. Make sure that the problem doens't lie in your card settings or that you have a CLEAN rom when patching. You should know as anyone here where to get the rom. If it persists tell me the card you have and what is the problem and i'll see whats up with it.

AgingAnimals

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MHaven said:
AgingAnimals said:
DarthNemesis said:
AgingAnimals said:
The translation patch doesn't work if the anti-piracy patch is used.
Good thing it already includes that patch then.
That patch doesn't work, either -- the anti-piracy part of it, that is.

I have tested the patch in different flash carts and it works on all of the ones i could get my hands on. Acekard 2i, R4, and iTouch DS 2. Make sure that the problem doens't lie in your card settings or that you have a CLEAN rom when patching. You should know as anyone here where to get the rom. If it persists tell me the card you have and what is the problem and i'll see whats up with it.
Tested it on a different version of no$ (a "patched" version, if I recall), and it worked. The graphics were choppy, but I'm assuming that's because of the settings. Thanks for the gesture, anyway.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BTW we have been using No$ for our work and it has worked fine with our patch, thats how we have been testing ours and taking the screen shots. And if you need to you should get the nds bios, I first used the patch with my No$ and it didn't have the bios and it always froze at that single point when the father exits the window. But if you got it to work then thats good but we have used the latest version with bios and it works. Check if that was it. If not sorry that i couldn't be any help
frown.gif

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is most likely related to your cart, as this is not a problem that most are experiencing. I recommend you search around to see if there is a solution for your cart concerning this game.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AgingAnimals said:
The bios got the patch working, but they're also what mess up the graphics.

The BIOS shouldn't be having an effect on the graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy