[Rumour] Sonic To Received Skylanders Style Reboot?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hadrian
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,487
  • Replies Replies 102

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
17,018
Reaction score
3,383
Trophies
5
Age
45
XP
5,400
Country
United States
Some companies are trying to do their own CoD game, if true then Sega looks at another Activision franchise instead, could work out very well with the kids.

- Sonic Team and Sega are looking to better monetize Sonic
- potentially “massive” and “total” reboot
- Sega and Sonic Team are “committed” to the reboot
- speed, platforming, and surreal environments will remain
- Sonic and Dr. Eggman's rivalry will continue
- both characters may undergo a makeover
- everything else is up in the air and may see radical changes, including Tails
- may birth a new universe and characters
- new gameplay methods and gimmicks
- zones would be massively expanded and become their own world
- zones feature individual levels masked as missions
- idea likened to Burnout Paradise
- includes a brand-new engine
- photo-realism is of no concern
- may aggressively pursue a collection model as part of the reboot
- targeting the young audience that enjoys physical collectibles
- may require physical emblems and collectibles to unlock special features
- SEGA inspired by Skylanders' success
- physical toys and collectibles may have an interactive component with a new cartoon series
- may offer classic characters in-game as DLC

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=174955

Not sure what to think of this. I loved Sonic Colors (Wii version) and Sonic Generations was great too plus Sonic 4 Part 2 looks to be going in the right direction...but is this even needed for the franchise or is this purely just to cash in?

Thoughts, does Sonic need rebooting and would this be a great way to go?
 
WOW I thought Sonic Generations was a revival of the Sonic series. I guess Sega has deicded to put their pet Hedgehog down.

R.I.P Sonic the Hedgehog 1991-2012
 
Lol I'm actually hoping that it will be true. Because, let's be honest. The series has been so RIDICULOUS since the last few years.

But they kinda started picking up their shit and getting it together with Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. This would just kinda throw that shit into the fan.
 
Lol I'm actually hoping that it will be true. Because, let's be honest. The series has been so RIDICULOUS since the last few years.
Oh yeah, definitely. I mean, Colours and Generations, the last two games, surely weren't well-recieved both by the press and by gamers. In fact, the tide started turning around the time of Unleashed, when they messed up only 50% of levels.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people
only good part of this news is a new cartoon series.
that stuff was amazing back in the day
but yea rip sonic you had a good run
 
Eggman needs to go back to being called Doctor Robotnik.

LOL That's not going to help the series at all. The last few Sonic games had shitty gamplay. Fix the gamplay. Fix the series.


EDIT: Oh shit. I just thought of Crash Bandicoot again. Remember that unnecessary reboot?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people
A whole new universe? But what about the classic and lovable cast of char

Nope, no, sorry, couldn't finish that with a straight face.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 people
Well I'm now accepting donations for the funeral service, if you're interested in donating just deposit something into my PayPal.

but how do you hold a funeral for something that die back in 2002 ;O;
I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that not everyone likes to have their pipes cleaned by an overweigh italian plumber with a taste for magic shrooms.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Lol I'm actually hoping that it will be true. Because, let's be honest. The series has been so RIDICULOUS since the last few years.
Oh yeah, definitelly. I mean, Colours and Generations, the last two games, surely weren't well-recieved both by the press and by gamers. In fact, the tide started turning around the time of Unleashed, when they messed up only 50% of levels.
lol It's not only gameplay mechanics and lol I know Colors and Generations were well received. Heck I loved them too. But the series has been hurt a lot, so I'm thinking that this will be interesting. Who knows?
 
Well I'm now accepting donations for the funeral service, if you're interested in donating just deposit something into my PayPal.

but how do you hold a funeral for something that die back in 2002 ;O;
I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that not everyone likes to have their pipes cleaned by an overweigh italian plumber with a taste for magic shrooms.

what are you talking about ? werent we talking about Sonic here ? why di you bring Mario here ?
 
A whole new universe? But what about the classic and lovable cast of char

Nope, no, sorry, couldn't finish that with a straight face.
Lol you're like me. I liked it when there was Sonic, Metal Sonic, Robotnik, Tails and Knuckles, After that they added a new cast, Shadow, Rouge and the like. And they were interesting. After that, Sega said, LET'S MAKE MOAR ANIMAL FRIENDS And they did, most of them are ridiculous. BIG THE CAT??? WTH??? (I said most, there are a few exceptions) I swear I can't count the numbers of characters they added. -_-
 
Well I'm now accepting donations for the funeral service, if you're interested in donating just deposit something into my PayPal.

but how do you hold a funeral for something that die back in 2002 ;O;
I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that not everyone likes to have their pipes cleaned by an overweigh italian plumber with a taste for magic shrooms.
What's Mario have to do with the decline of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Foxi? Or do we just take a shameless plug at Valwin every single time he posts regardless of the content
 
What's Mario have to do with the decline of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Foxi? Or do we just take a shameless plug at Valwin every single time he posts regardless of the content
Shameless plug at Valwin every single time he posts regardless of the content. :yay:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people
Archie comics already saw the universe being rewrite by Eggman ( whom is robotic-ized dr. robotnik from another timeline who's soul has been downloaded in the robotized and souless body of their world's robotnik) and everyone without their memories. Effectly semi-rebooting the comics.
 
Archie comics already saw the universe being rewrite by Eggman ( whom is robotic-ized dr. robotnik from another timeline who's soul has been downloaded in the robotized and souless body of their world's robotnik) and everyone without their memories. Effectly semi-rebooting the comics.
Archie Sonic and SEGA Sonic universes are parallel, they have little in common.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted