Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
logo-des-25-ans-de-final-fantasy.jpg

Final Fantasy will be celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year, and in honour of the occasion, Square Enix has put out an official commemorative logo! But a closer look by French website Total Manga reveals the image may be more than it appears:
Now, two details of the anniversary logo appear to us as truly disturbing:
  1. The color gradient used on the 25th is exactly the same as the symbol of Final Fantasy VI .
  2. The design of the Mog looks suspiciously like an artwork, also from Yoshitaka Amano , designed for Final Fantasy VI (small pins with smiley included), as you can see below

Coincidence or homage? In both cases, we would not be surprised that in the coming days, a Final Fantasy VI 3DS be announced...

Comparison images below
comparatif-des-mogs.jpg

comparatif-des-degrades.jpg

icon11.gif
Source

Yeah, it's a real longshot. But one can always hope.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
FFXIII is the best I think, but that's for another thread.

FFVI deserves a remake in the style of the Anniversary games on PSP. Stick it on iOS and PSP and I'll be happy. Hell, package it with FFV and I'm nerdgasm.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I enjoy how it's automatically assumed at this point that if a remake were to happen, it would be on the 3DS. Guess what guys? The Vita is also a very real possibility.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I enjoy how it's automatically assumed at this point that if a remake were to happen, it would be on the 3DS. Guess what guys? The Vita is also a very real possibility.
Hey, the French guys assumed it, not me. If you check out the source, they draw their conclusions based on the existence of the III and IV remakes for the DS, Square stated a while back that the DS would not be getting the V or VI treatment, because of technical limitations. Now those limitations are gone. Not an unreasonable conclusion.

That said, a 3DS/Vita crossplatform deal would be even better

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's not forget that the PSP got FF I + II, as well as a nice FF IV collection. I'd say it equals out.

A cross platform deal would be nice, but I figure that SE will just go with whoever is willing to pay the most to have the game on their system. I would guess that Sony would really want a title such as this at this point in time.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

I thought I remember SE saying that they were thinking about remaking V and VI to the 3DS, but it was to be based on if the system would be popular

[Edit:]

Just found it. Should have waited to post so as to not make an edit.

http://www.siliconer...-on-ds-and-3ds/

"Rather than creating [Final Fantasy] V or VI for the current DS we want to take a look to see how 3DS does, how it evolves, and then make a decision.”

IMO, since the 3DS is taking off rather well now, it could definitely come to light.

Reactions: 2 people

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What? No port for FF V first? Which is clearly superior to FF VI? :(

Oh well, if it's for iOS, I don't mind it. I just hope that it isn't a COMPLETE piece of crap like the Chrono Trigger port was.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
the "total manga" have some really good observations skills. or maybe its a coincidence?
but i remember that a square said they would be making a game which ends with a '7', so if it is dragon quest 7 then this is likely true,but if they would release ff 7 then i dont think we would get an ff vi remake

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That gradient observation is a real leap of faith...does it matter that the FFVI logo goes black again?

Also i'd imagine that SE would have looked at the relative successes of earlier re-releases and based a decision on that and what they want to do with the game....3D implentation or some kind of implentation of the rear touch pad on the Vita? On first thought though you'd guess that they'd opt for the 3DS

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it's to little to late for me if this turns out to be true,I was hoping they would do this on the DS as they did with FF IV but sadly they didn't so i'm done waiting...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit